Control-IT

c4Forums Member
  • Content count

    85
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Control-IT

  • Rank
    Control4 End User

Recent Profile Visitors

513 profile views
  1. 90% of the time it works..what the hell is with the other 10%? I have probably close to 1000 camera and alarm systems online so I have some experience with connecting to remote systems and have no issue connecting with them. Control4 connectivity is unreliable at best. Right now I can't connect to my own home and I know all of my other systems are online. Very frustrating.
  2. DSC neo

    What is the preferred method of connecting Neo to c4?
  3. Problems with music

    I have to disagree on every level. Have perfectly installed systems with all C4 equipment and the performance is truly sub par. Plug my phone into it or use a streamer like Sonos and it's all good. Native services are really a waste of time and money. I have 2 of my last installs with these odd issues and the sound is crap including my own house. Have to add a speakerpoint or whatever to solve this or that it's not good. It shouldn't be an issue with $1500 controllers it should just work. Been using it in my home for a year now with a matrix amp coming from a whole house sonos system and it was so much better. I sold all my stuff off and want it back. No comparison.
  4. Is there any way when using a matrix to add video to a room just like we do with audio. So if we are watching a source in one room is there a way to simply add that source to a bunch of other rooms so they are all watching the same thing? Customer just wants to tab a button to add a room like he does with music.
  5. Different music in each zone

    If you have the 5 Sonos players, will you see 5 separate icons representing each player in navigator and you have to pick 1 OR can you just see 1 and C4 will just pick whats not being used? If you see them all what would you name them something like Sonos 1, 2, 3, 4? If you see them all then it becomes a guessing game to know which one isn't being used or you are changing somebody else's channel?
  6. Using a sonos connect amp

    I would just use the connect Amp otherwise you would have to lock the inputs on the matrix Amp no? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. OVRC vs. Bakpak

    Looking to go all in on either one which would includes switches, power, and wireless but I guess that could be many other discussions. Maybe one doesn't fit all applications but looking for best fit. For us cost isn't a roadblock just looking for reliability and of course remote access Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. OVRC vs. Bakpak

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. OVRC vs. Bakpak

    Anybody having experience with both have any comparisons to make?
  10. C4 audio

    IOS. I feel that same about the PC app as well. I would much rather fire up the Sonos app on my laptop if I was sitting doing some work and wanted to listen to something. I just don't think there is any comparison in the user experience between the 2.
  11. C4 audio

    Yes that is right and I know they won't so that is why I will go back to the Sonos app. One app does not rule them all no matter how hard they try. It's just a matter of convenience. When I want to turn on some music I don't care about my lights, or anything else for that matter. I just did a house with almost a dozen zones and the customer made me put in a dozen connects because they were accustomed to the app so that is why I decided to see why since I couldn't see what the big deal was.
  12. C4 audio

    The last few weeks I have been forcing myself to use the C4 interface for audio functionality. Music is probably what I use the most out of everything. I had a 1-1 Sonos player to audio zone setup and have been using that for a long time via the Sonos app. I put that all aside and picked up a 4 channel C4 matrix, put 2 inputs of audio from an EA3 into it and have been giving that a workout. What a disappointment. Firing up the C4 app and getting into music and everything is really cumbersome in comparison to using the native Sonos app. There really isn't a comparison in speed and usability. C4 should make multiple apps, one just for C4 audio that does nothing else maybe?. Going back to my Sonos bricks.