C4 Forums | Control4

Indicator Lights/Customer Buttons for Navigator

RenoDuke

It would be nice if there was an attribute for controlling a color of a customer button or some other indicator that could be displayed on a navigator. Example: Vacation Mode, Green when vacation mode is turned on, and Red when vacation mode is turned off.

With the toggle feature you are never 100% if you pressed the button and what the actual status of the variable may be in.

My work around has been to send a text message.

Yes, I waa looking for something on Navigator screen. I too use one of my 6 button's to signal which mode. My 6 button is upstairs and I seldom look at it when I set vacation mode on/off. With screen selection such as from your iPhone you are never 100% that you pressed the button properly.

Yes, this is on the wish list.

Okay, so I got a chance to try this out this morning and it works just as I thought.

If you have a doorlock in your project, you're familiar with the LOCK interface on the C4 GUI. When a lock is locked, the indicator is RED and the lock is CLOSED. When a lock is UNLOCKED the indicator is GREEN and the lock is UNLOCKED. Pretty straightforward.

Add a LOCK driver to the project and name it "VACATION MODE". Set it up so that if the lock gets locked, set the VACATION MODE variable to TRUE, and if VACATION MODE variable is set to TRUE, the LOCK THE LOCK, and vice verse. This gives you an easy visual indicator on the GUI. RED LOCK means vacation mode is TRUE, GREEN LOCK THAT IS UNLOCKED means vacation mode is FALSE.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

First, thank you for the new idea. Sounds like a good working around.

I am having a couple of issues.

In the variable, I am using the Unlock for the lock driver trying to turn the lock green. This does not seem to work. I am issue a toggle command to the variable in the custom button.

Then I said, let me change the varibabl state by using the Lock button directly. However, I cannot issue the toggle variable command on the Lock driver.

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks

First, thank you for the new idea. Sounds like a good working around.

I am having a couple of issues.

In the variable, I am using the Unlock for the lock driver trying to turn the lock green. This does not seem to work. I am issue a toggle command to the variable in the custom button.

Then I said, let me change the varibabl state by using the Lock button directly. However, I cannot issue the toggle variable command on the Lock driver.

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks

Bind it to an unused relay.

Archived