C4 Forums | Control4

4Sight subscription and other reminders "App"

wappinghigh

Would one of the smart software design guys on the forum please write a little app that sends a couple of messages out (to the appropriate people) that the 4sight subscription is due.

Given the subscription can only be updated by a dealer, maybe the message could go to them as well...say a week out from the expiry

So I'm thinking a little app, where you could enter the due date of the subscription and a couple of emails (one to the user, one to the dealer) into the program..and even a prowl notification to the user via Seth's great little Push notify driver, or a text to speech one via the recluse driver..

Maybe the app could even be expanded to a more general home reminder one..where the user could add multiple reminders..

"Change the smoke detector batteries" (annual variable)

"Check the basement pump" (before winter variable)

or "Time for a pool chemical check" (monthly variable)

and "Swap out the fridge water filter"(Annual)

as well as

"4Sight expires in 1 week" (annual variable)

Perhaps there could be a setting where the app could shoot out multiple repeat reminders (at a variable set repeat interval) until a C4 input is pushed (I often need prodding)

that sort of thing..

Cheers and regards to everyone :)

PS. Maybe SethJ could add this function it into his awesome Push notify app :)

Would one of the smart software design guys on the forum please write a little app that sends a couple of messages out (to the appropriate people) that the 4sight subscription is due.

Given the subscription can only be updated by a dealer, maybe the message could go to them as well...say a week out from the expiry

So I'm thinking a little app, where you could enter the due date of the subscription and a couple of emails (one to the user, one to the dealer) into the program..and even a prowl notification to the user via Seth's great little Push notify driver, or a text to speech one via the recluse driver..

Maybe the app could even be expanded to a more general home reminder one..where the user could add multiple reminders..

"Change the smoke detector batteries" (annual variable)

"Check the basement pump" (before winter variable)

or "Time for a pool chemical check" (monthly variable)

and "Swap out the fridge water filter"(Annual)

as well as

"4Sight expires in 1 week" (annual variable)

Perhaps there could be a setting where the app could shoot out multiple repeat reminders (at a variable set repeat interval) until a C4 input is pushed (I often need prodding)

that sort of thing..

Cheers and regards to everyone :)

PS. Maybe SethJ could add this function it into his awesome Push notify app :)

I have tons of similar stuff, incising a few of the very examples you mentioned, setup via the scheduler. Works like a champ...already built in.

Cool. Thanks for the suggestion Dan. I've finally got around to working out how to do this .. :rolleyes:

...With PushNotify.

Yeh. It's pretty cool. But just remember anyone else contemplating email "reminders"..just remember if you are using 4site to send the emails..they won't "send" once your subscription runs out ;)

^. Thanks for that suggestion...the box was checked..but still didn't work...mmm

Anyway also thanks to Dan for the setup schedules reminders "clue" with composerHE

There is something cool about having your own dedicated home server shooting off reminders (and running a stable OS, away from all the other usual computer platforms)..

It's just a pity it's buried in there in HE. It's not like it's easily accessible right up on the kitchen bench or something..

Isn't there a Control4 app that shoots off reminders?... I guess it would be limited by a lack of keyboard input anyway..

Oh well. Dan's suggestion is a fantastic one for important "system related" reminders. I didn't even know ComposerHE could do this... :rolleyes:

Alex you've also got our text to speech driver as well. You could always do spoken reminders over your home as well to remind you. I utilise this kind of reminders for dates like anniversaries, mother's day, public holidays, that sort of stuff.

Alex you've also got our text to speech driver as well. You could always do spoken reminders over your home as well to remind you. I utilise this kind of reminders for dates like anniversaries, mother's day, public holidays, that sort of stuff.

I'm just getting started with announcements, but I like the idea of these reminders.

Can you write a driver to automate the ordering of flowers, write on the card and hand deliver to the wife, then I'd be ideally redundant and don't need to be in the loop.

Archived