C4 Forums | Control4

Motion detection "app"/driver

wappinghigh

I can now pull up a front door picture manually ( This can be done via a Security Spy feed into Control4 with the EV driver) There are settings in SS that will capture movies with motion detection. So the logical question is, when will we see a driver/app that pulls up the image on the Navigator screen when motion in this camera is detected?.... Without me having to push the remote. Or link up the doorbell with logic?

This would be incredibly cool....And actually quite useful at our place

Not only for the front door, but *any* camera for that matter. We have one covering the pool (for safety). etc etc..

Cheers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just emailed my dealer this morning about something like this. I have a Cartel driveway probe and want to have the driveway camera come on the TS when it is tripped.

I thought this was already achievable with 2.0+?

I just emailed my dealer this morning about something like this. I have a Cartel driveway probe and want to have the driveway camera come on the TS when it is tripped.

Yes with 2.x you can do this. You need to create a bookmark of the camera page on the touchscreen. Then under programming when the cartel senses a car execute bookmark.

I'm actually hoping to be able to use video analytics (possibly from www.aimetis.com) to trigger something in C4 based on the software detecting some specific movement. I know I can get their software to do something on the computer - the trick for me will be having the computer take that trigger and pass it on to C4. It sounds like that shouldn't be too hard - but I don't know exactly how to do that. My system should be up and running in about a month and I'll let you know how that goes.

I don't know of a *public* one, but I've written one.

Server Sockets are available from 2.1+. Implementing *simple* HTTP on top of a Server Socket isn't too difficult.

RyanE

Something we may see on the "Unofficial Hacks" site, maybe?

Can the new C4 touchscreens default back to an IP (moving) camera image..?

That is be set, to have this moving image as a "screen saver"

That way they could be used as mini camera monitors... This would be great if the stream could be programmed to always default onto the front door cam..

Can *this* be done in composer programming?

Cheers :)

Can't do it as a *screen saver*, but you can have the IP Camera page pop up on command.

You set a bookmark on the IP Camera page for the camera you wish, and then in programming, for that touchpanel, you can recall the bookmark (it may call it something else, like 'shortcut', but it'll show the bookmark you made in Flash).

It only works for the 'small size' camera page, unfortunately, not the larger zoomed-in version.

RyanE

Can't do it as a *screen saver*, but you can have the IP Camera page pop up on command.

You set a bookmark on the IP Camera page for the camera you wish, and then in programming, for that touchpanel, you can recall the bookmark (it may call it something else, like 'shortcut', but it'll show the bookmark you made in Flash).

It only works for the 'small size' camera page, unfortunately, not the larger zoomed-in version.

RyanE

Ok. So can the "command" that triggers this be set up in scheduling? So say after 10 minutes, the "command" is triggered by composer to set the screen back to IP image streams?...See what I'm driving at here?..

Can't do it as a *screen saver*' date=' but you can have the IP Camera page pop up on command.

RyanE[/quote']

Ok. So can the "command" that triggers this be set up in scheduling? So say after 10 minutes, the "command" is triggered by composer to set the screen back to IP image streams?...See what I'm driving at here?..

Sure. You can call a bookmark with a colored button on the remote, keypad button, etc. a timer or scheduled event would be fine but having a timer running constantly? Ehh.

What I am trying to achieve here is a secondary use of a C4touchscreen. When it's sitting up on the bench in it's cradle..not being used..it's screen defaults to IP video streaming mode..(whichever camera the user wants....in most cases this would likely be the front door cam) Then when the user picks it up, a button push switches on the navigator screen... then when the user puts it back in it's cradle it automatically after a set time goes back to display the camera...

If I can't get the card access doorbell event "trigger", or motion detection happening..why not use a bit of programming in composer (if it can be done) to effectively achieve the same result>

:)

Can't do it as a *screen saver*' date=' but you can have the IP Camera page pop up on command.

RyanE[/quote']

Sure. You can call a bookmark with a colored button on the remote, keypad button, etc. a timer or scheduled event would be fine but having a timer running constantly? Ehh.

Oh, OK that might work. What is wrong with running a timer? If after 10 minutes the timer stops, that's it.

What I am trying to achieve here is a secondary use of a C4touchscreen. When it's sitting up on the bench in it's cradle..not being used..it's screen defaults to IP video streaming mode..(whichever camera the user wants....in most cases this would likely be the front door cam) Then when the user picks it up, a button push switches on the navigator screen... then when the user puts it back in it's cradle it automatically after a set time goes back to display the camera...

If I can't get the card access doorbell event "trigger", or motion detection happening..why not use a bit of programming in composer (if it can be done) to effectively achieve the same result>

:)

Maybe because there is no conditional for this in Composer? I guess you could watch for media type playing in that room and if none then launch a colored button or whatever works.

I follow what you're saying and I think this is what people might use. I basically keep a cam going all night on my bedside TS. Screen saver is set to blank. If I hear something weird, I merely tap the screen and take a look.

Sure, but there is a practical issue here.

When there is someone at the door ..say they knock or use an old fashioned doorbell.. the end user has to know what to do..That is walk up, find the touchscreen, know which button to push, then wait for the IP feed to load etc etc..Buy that time they could have just walked down to the door..

They can't simply glance up at the screen to "see" who is at the door..

I'm trying to make it as "fool" proof as possible. That is take *all* the human interaction out of simply glancing up at the touchscreen and "seeing" who is at the door......

Let me work on it in the next 30 minutes. Aside from potential screen-burn (is that a concern anymore??) is there a need to always display the image or just bring it up then hide it w/screen saver?

Archived