C4 Forums | Control4

Motion detection "app"/driver

wappinghigh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just emailed my dealer this morning about something like this. I have a Cartel driveway probe and want to have the driveway camera come on the TS when it is tripped.

Yes with 2.x you can do this. You need to create a bookmark of the camera page on the touchscreen. Then under programming when the cartel senses a car execute bookmark.

Well, if Cartel can do this, I guess I'll go ahead and run my Panasonics motion trigger back to the I/O box. I don't see any other way currently to get a front door image to a TS at the right time.

I have an automated doorbell to C4, a standalone programmable chime and the telephone system. BUT, but, do people push the button out there? Noooo, they gotta knock on the door instead and waste all my automation and programming.

Oh, I forgot, there is voice announcement that doesn't happen when folks circumnavigate around that button

Then change the announcement to "Is there anybody out there" and have that on a timer.... Floyd..... man on man I luv em....

I have a motion sensor above my porch that would be good for triggering this sort of thing.

Either a CardAccess or Axxess or NYCE Controls motion (all battery-operated) at the right location would trigger at about the right time, before they have a chance to press the bell button or knock.

If you have any overhang before your door, that is.

RyanE

^ Great suggestion Ryan. Thanks. Would also work well with the push notify and text to speech drivers...

So we can now have an example of a simple HA solution that could be designed for both the visually handicapped (text to speech) and hearing impaired (push notify)

Security for these folk is of utmost importance.

I'm getting off track a bit, but has Control4 ever considered giving awards to the great software designers that have moved the Control4 product so far forward?

This sort of thing (helping the disabled) would be great for publicity, and also give these programmers the credit that's due..

It would be a win win win for everyone :)

Archived