C4 Forums | Control4

Timers and schedules from navigators

dannyboy

Im lying in bed, with my iPad, here's my Use Case

1. Want to pay radio or music for 30 minutes before going to bed

2. I know tomorrow will be very cold, but my heater is scheduled to go off about an hour After I need to get up tomorrow.

Setting up timers, schedules and wake ups in composer is great, but I'm not getting out of bed, firing up the pc everytime I have a new use case.

Why cannot we do this stuff from navigators directly?

I guess I'll freeze my arse off tomorrow despite having the coolest automation system in the street

Im lying in bed, with my iPad, here's my Use Case

1. Want to pay radio or music for 30 minutes before going to bed

2. I know tomorrow will be very cold, but my heater is scheduled to go off about an hour After I need to get up tomorrow.

Setting up timers, schedules and wake ups in composer is great, but I'm not getting out of bed, firing up the pc everytime I have a new use case.

Why cannot we do this stuff from navigators directly?

I guess I'll freeze my arse off tomorrow despite having the coolest automation system in the street

One thing that I do, that I didn't realize I could do for a long time, is have programming CHANGE the duration of a timer. You could, using Custom Buttons on the TS/GUI, program in some buttons that would adjust the length of those timers for you. I do it all the time.

If you need more details on how I use it, let me know.

I do some mid-stream TIMER duration changes for a coffee machine based on how hung-over I am the next AM :)

Yeah, I used to create a shizload of different timers and just activate various ones based on a bunch of variables. Once I realized I could change the duration of a timer on the fly...I was STOKED!

It's still preprogrammed ridged and hard to use, rather than ad-hoc and simple!

It's crazy my neighbors alarm clock is easier to have a timer for radio than my very expensive home automation system. I still want it via a touch screen without preprogramming and so does my wife that does not frequent the forum an Dans wonderful how-to's

Dan, I'm interested to setup a variable timer in the mean time, any pointers welcome, my life revolves around this product already, rather than the other way around, I'm keen not to spend a second longer than I need to doing this.

^Well C4 is what it is and there are generally ways around for programming. Variables triggered by you are available through the 4 buttons on a TS, the colored buttons on an SR, button pushes on a 3BT/6BT, etc.. Or, if you really want to you could install a pressure mat on your bed as a trigger.

Archived