• Create Account

Welcome to the New c4Forums.com!

We will be enhancing the platform daily now that we are officially online. You can read and discuss the new platform here or for access issues please email c4forums@c4forums.com. Thanks!

Photo

7" infinity shows wrong time

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 adamr

adamr

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

my touch screen shows California time. Looked everywhere on that damn thing and didnt see where to adjust the time zone.

Thanks

#2 ichbinbose

ichbinbose

C4 Guru

• Control4 Dealer
  • 868 posts
  • LocationGurnee, IL

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

does it show the wrong time on the tv OSD too? if it does, it sounds as the time zone in composer needs to be changed/updated

#3 adam333

adam333

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

No the time on the other displays look good. just the 7" touch screen

#4 Matt

Matt

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 700 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Go into more and about on the touchscreen. Does the navigator and director show the same version?

#5 adam333

adam333

End User

• c4Forums Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

different versions

#6 Controlfouruserguy

Controlfouruserguy

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 6,299 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Get a dealer to update and properly bring that display into your project. Anything else is pussyfooting around...

#7 wappinghigh

wappinghigh

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Ok 4 years on and I'm *Still* struggling with this. 3 different times displayed around my setup.. On screen nav's vs Computer app NAV's vs, SR250's..

Oh and degrees F *Still* can't be reset to Degrees C

Seriously why isn't there a "Set the time for the entire system" App

And a "Default" the temp to 'The correct' scale according to location setting within composer..

I'm *Still* confused if/whether system time and "time zone" can be set within Composer HE and how the heck you roll out the exact time to every display and controller...

Common Control4 make this simple for a Simpleton huh?

Seriously :rolleyes:

Edited by wappinghigh, 09 November 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#8 Cyknight

Cyknight

C4 Guru

• Control4 Dealer
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Sytem can in fact now be set to celcius. Think it was 2.2.2 that now has this working properly, but it might be 2.2.4.
As for defaulting temp setting to location - that would not work in many situations - up here people sometimes prefer on or the other, you ask for celcius yet you state you are in florida US - US being predominantly fahrenheit.

Off time usually is the result of different software versions, but occasioanlly the ntpd server needs to be reset (usually an error during an update)

Very, VERY, rarely a TS simply will not get the timezone change passed through to it (only happend once or twice for me in all my projects)
If this is the case, the timezone needs to be manually set using an SSH connection direct to the screen - not even ComPro would help there.
Vae Victis

#9 wappinghigh

wappinghigh

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

^ Thanks for the help. I'm actually talking about setting the system time on my main controller on an HC1000. It won't get the time zone. When I chose the correct one and select it, it says it needs to reboot, then it doesn't go thru with this. Nothing happens. If i set the time manually, after say ten minutes it goes back to the previous random time. I'm only using Composer HE of course.. :)

Edited by wappinghigh, 09 November 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#10 Cyknight

Cyknight

C4 Guru

• Control4 Dealer
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah seen that once before too, I think right around the time 2.x came out. Same solution as for TS above fixed that too.
Vae Victis

#11 jillmark99

jillmark99

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Wappinghigh
I had the same problem with one of my touch screens. Drove me crazy. The only way to correct it was to SSH into the root of the problematic controller using Putty and change the sysman timezone manually. If you just change the time it will automatically change back in a few minutes, you have to change the timezone.
Hope this helps.

#12 AVHomeInstalls

AVHomeInstalls

C4 Guru

• c4Forums Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

I wonder if this happens when a HC-1000 has been restored to 2.x using a USB restore stick? Maybe ComposerPro 2.x isn't able to write to a blank Timezone field. Here is my work around without SSH or Putty.

The way I found to correct this. Start ComposerPro 1.8.2 and connect to your 2.x director and click past the warnings to set the Timezone. Warning -- I wouldn't change any other options! Proceed at your own risk. Exit the project and start ComposerPro 2.x. Now you can change and save the timezone with your director rebooting when it says it will. Even after this each touch panel is still +1 hr. ahead. Does C4 clock/calendar adjust for DST or is it a bug where Timezone selected is +1 hr over GMT? This should be fixed. The workaround here is I'm the US/Pacific timezone, so I selected US/Alaska and refreshed navigators - bingo - correct time.

Edited by AVHomeInstalls, 11 December 2012 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users