C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies - Enhanced Media Scanning for Control4

ExtraVeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EV driver - I switched for the reasons in post #6.

Thanks Cody. Must have missed that.

No problem. The only downside is I've been having to move my files into folders' date=' which is just tedious but has been well worth it.[/quote']

You know there is a program that does this for you. It's free. I found it on the web 1 year ago. I had about 300 movies that it did for me

With regard to stopping points my understanding is that it does not on the PCH. When you select a movie from the C4 interface it sends a 'play this file from this location' command to the PCH. The PCH then starts playing the file from the beginning. It would require PCH to add an ability to send a parameter 'resume if possible' but I have no idea if they could or would add that.

Hmmmm.... this doesn't work for my system at all. I just get this message over and over again:

08/16/12 18:34:28 : Valid IP address

08/16/12 18:34:33 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001

08/16/12 18:34:33 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

08/16/12 18:34:48 : Valid IP address

08/16/12 18:34:53 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001

08/16/12 18:34:53 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

08/16/12 18:35:08 : Valid IP address

08/16/12 18:35:13 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001

08/16/12 18:35:13 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

I have retried all settings, added and removed drivers etc. It doesn't seem to matter.

My System: iMac running XP on Fusion with a bridged network card so that I get a static ip and mac address. ComposerHE, MyMovies, Internet etc all work perfectly fine. Does this only work with Windows7? Anyone here running it with XP?

Hmmmm.... this doesn't work for my system at all. I just get this message over and over again:

08/16/12 18:34:28 : Valid IP address

08/16/12 18:34:33 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001

08/16/12 18:34:33 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

08/16/12 18:34:48 : Valid IP address

08/16/12 18:34:53 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001

08/16/12 18:34:53 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

08/16/12 18:35:08 : Valid IP address

08/16/12 18:35:13 : EVQ - Timeout while connected - Count: 1 on connection 6001

08/16/12 18:35:13 : Connection lost, retrying connection in 15 seconds

I have retried all settings, added and removed drivers etc. It doesn't seem to matter.

My System: iMac running XP on Fusion with a bridged network card so that I get a static ip and mac address. ComposerHE, MyMovies, Internet etc all work perfectly fine. Does this only work with Windows7? Anyone here running it with XP?

I got the same message with win7. I was using my movies collection management and had to switch to my movies media center version. Then everything worked. Hope that helps.

I dont know much about computers and their OS but i remebered that when I switched to my movies media center version. Before I could install it I had to install win 7 service pack1. So I'm not sure if it was the service pack that fixed it or the media center version of my movies. Hopefully EV will see this and can help you.

There's an issue with MyMovies that it sometimes doesn't register the system variables in Windows that it needs to (or something similar). Uninstall My Movies, restart, reinstall My Movies. This should fix any remaining problems. My Movies are looking into this.

There's an issue with MyMovies that it sometimes doesn't register the system variables in Windows that it needs to (or something similar). Uninstall My Movies, restart, reinstall My Movies. This should fix any remaining problems. My Movies are looking into this.

I will try that tonight. Thanks for the help guys!

I completely removed MyMovies using their complete removal tool and reinstalled with the second option to act as a server. Control4 still can not connect on my XP machine! This morning my machine had the following error:

My Movies Tray.exe has failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

From what I've read MSVCP100.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable 64 bit package! I'm thinking now that someone at MyMovies was a little bit sloppy with the programming perhaps and the ExtraVegetables driver doesn't work for XP machines?

I completely removed MyMovies using their complete removal tool and reinstalled with the second option to act as a server. Control4 still can not connect on my XP machine! This morning my machine had the following error:

My Movies Tray.exe has failed to start because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

From what I've read MSVCP100.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable 64 bit package! I'm thinking now that someone at MyMovies was a little bit sloppy with the programming perhaps and the ExtraVegetables driver doesn't work for XP machines?

This sounds like something you'd need to take up with My Movie - we're also investigating why there are a number of people that have this issue.

Firewall check as well I think:

First, please confirm that the 'Enabled' box in Collection Management - Settings - Remote Control Server is checked.

Second, please confirm that the My Movies tray application is running, even with the Collection Management program closed.

Next, please copy and paste the following command into a web browser on the machine running Collection Management.

http://127.0.0.1:51414/?command=ping

If it returns a 'could not be found' error then please try disabling any firewalls on the local PC and try again. If it still fails, then you the problem is with My Movies; normally we'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling, but you've already tried that.

If the first command fails and the second command shows an XML document then the firewall needs configuring to allow incoming connections on TCP port 51414.

It finally works! In the end I had no option but to upgrade to Windows7 and install My Movies for Windows 7 Media Center.

Everything else was setup exactly as they instructed, I had no firewalls turned on, my system was pingable and MyMovies and ComposerHE functioned fine on their own but could not talk to each other period. Before installing Windows7 I removed MyMovies completely using their tool and resinstalled .net and sql software from scratch. None of it made any difference. It appears to me that Collection management standalone is very different from My Movies for Windows 7 Media Center.

It finally works! In the end I had no option but to upgrade to Windows7 and install My Movies for Windows 7 Media Center.

Everything else was setup exactly as they instructed, I had no firewalls turned on, my system was pingable and MyMovies and ComposerHE functioned fine on their own but could not talk to each other period. Before installing Windows7 I removed MyMovies completely using their tool and resinstalled .net and sql software from scratch. None of it made any difference. It appears to me that Collection management standalone is very different from My Movies for Windows 7 Media Center.

Thanks for letting me know that upgrading to Windows 7 resolved the issue. I've spoken to My Movies and the Windows XP Collection Management software should work fine; it's unable to create the firewall rules automatically but everything else should be fine. They're looking into it still.

Pitty this wont work in my enviroment. I am using XBMC as a media player with Allan Chows official IP driver and it works a treat. Would love to use MyMovies and launch directly from Navigator instead of navigating through XBMC.

I have Alan's driver as well. 1) hopefully you know that you can navigate the c4 GUI and select a movie which then has xbmc play the movie. 2) you prefer the c4 interface to xbmc? My preference would be to use Ev's my movies driver to automatically rip and tag the movie but I'd rather choose movies from within the pretty xbmc GUI. The media player is such an interesting conundrum with so many pros, cons, etc.

tum

Pitty this wont work in my enviroment. I am using XBMC as a media player with Allan Chows official IP driver and it works a treat. Would love to use MyMovies and launch directly from Navigator instead of navigating through XBMC.

I have Alan's driver as well. 1) hopefully you know that you can navigate the c4 GUI and select a movie which then has xbmc play the movie. 2) you prefer the c4 interface to xbmc? My preference would be to use Ev's my movies driver to automatically rip and tag the movie but I'd rather choose movies from within the pretty xbmc GUI. The media player is such an interesting conundrum with so many pros' date=' cons, etc.

tum[/quote']

1) Yip, I know that you can do that.

2) I do like the XBMC interface, but I am thinking of the WAF (not having to negotiate another menu etc) as well as possible not tech customers.

Your last point, don't you like the XBMC scraping?? You are correct. I really like XBMC but would like the C4 intergration as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.