pentium77

How to tell version of remotes?

8 posts in this topic

If a system remote SR-250 is not connected to a controller is there some way of knowing what version of firmware it is on and what controller version it was connected to previously? Specifically if it is embernet vs zigbee pro? I'm assuming that SR-150 without a display is far less likely if possible to know?

Thanks

They both can be determined if they are on zigbee. Try the leave network (this will disable communication with the system be forewarned). Room Off, *, #, 4, 1, 3, 4 ,1 , 3. The 150 will blink the room off button, the 250 will say leaving network. If they dont react the are on embernet (1.7.4 or earlier).

On the 250 you should be able to get a menu telling you the version.

They both can be determined if they are on zigbee. Try the leave network (this will disable communication with the system be forewarned). Room Off, *, #, 4, 1, 3, 4 ,1 , 3. The 150 will blink the room off button, the 250 will say leaving network. If they dont react the are on embernet (1.7.4 or earlier).

On the 250 you should be able to get a menu telling you the version.

I believe you mean room off, #, *, 1,3,4,1,3

They both can be determined if they are on zigbee. Try the leave network (this will disable communication with the system be forewarned). Room Off' date=' *, #, 4, 1, 3, 4 ,1 , 3. The 150 will blink the room off button, the 250 will say leaving network. If they dont react the are on embernet (1.7.4 or earlier).

On the 250 you should be able to get a menu telling you the version.[/quote']

I believe you mean room off, #, *, 1,3,4,1,3

Nikon is the correct.

Thanks but what if the remote is not attached to a controller, on a SR-250 remote it'll just list the mac address is there anyway to know the version if it isn't attached? If it is running Zigbee Pro or Embernet on a V1 Sr150 or Sr250?

Even if it is not attached to a system it will still say 'leaving network' when the command is issued.

Bringing back an old thread. 

I have a chance to purchase a used SR250 remote for my 1.7.4.  The remote is not connected to any system and we're not sure which version it is.  So to confirm the above, after pressing command " room off, #, *, 1,3,4,1,3" if it says "leaving network" then its Zigbee Pro version and if there's no response after the command input then its Embernet...correct?