C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone have any ideas of what is in the next release, and when it is?

derickson1472

FYI - Control4 has stated in the past that their goal is to shoot for two updates a year. If you look at their past year - they had a release in Q1 and in Q3... so that would make the next release Q1... again - this is just a track record that I'm looking at, and re-stating what they've mentioned in the past... so yes... it's a good assumption that Q1 will be the next release (unless they have too many bugs / problems - then of course, they'll delay the release - which is the smart thing to do).

• 5 months later...

I know control4 will not pre announce a release...but any new rumors on when the new 7 inch touch panel will come out (adding to the 4 inch one they have today)? I want to buy a couple more of the 4 inch color touch screens for some rooms, but if the 7 inch will be out in a few months I would probably wait.

Dave

Dave, that's a tightly-guarded secret, which I'm not going to divulge, even to an Erickson. :)

As far as the release, the 'official' target is summer, but that's obviously a pretty large target, front to back...

The new Zigbee stack will *not* be part of the upcoming 1.6.0 release.

And I know *exactly* what is in 1.6. It's running here at my house...

"The Home of the Future... Today!" :)

RyanE

Too complex - they wany to be sure they do it just right - or it'll blow things up. So instead of putting to complex upgrades together (ie: 1.6 and Zigbee 1.1) - they focus on one and then focus on the other afterwards.

Archived