C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy RS485 Transmitter

jclopez

I want to integrate 12 Somfy RTS Blinds with control4. I bought a RS485 Somfy Transmitter.

I connected this transmitter to an HC300 serial port using a Rs484-RS232 converter (included with the transmitter) and common serial DB9 cable. I then put the channel selector in the 0 position (I am assuming that I have to move this selector for each blind)

then the instructions are not very clear:

1. Pres Programming button on the rts until motor jogs. (I dont have a problem with this step of the process)

2. send by the RS485 control, the corresponding RTS frame on desired channel.

I am using the driver found in composer RTS (CHANNEL 1) Serial and nothing happens. I can see that the driver has this code "!01D" for the shade down position. after doing some research I believe that this is not the correct code.

Does anybody has this trasmiter and the correct code.

• 4 years later...
On 11/26/2016 at 0:28 AM, Alex Lewis said:

@alanchowhave you still got this driver? cannot find it for the life of me.  I've used it before and needed to input the node ID..

Sorry have been on leave for the past 2 and a half weeks so answering queries have been a bit slow.

I do not have this driver but from memory it came from a Somfy UK website.

thanks @alanchow, cant find it anywhere on the somfy website..but also sure that's where i got it from previously, many years ago now.

ended up using the domosapians  driver from houselogix...not impressed as it crashes...though see there is a new 2.0.1 version released over the weekend?

Archived