C4 Forums | Control4

Driver News: Recluse AV – FREE Motion Sensor with Timer Driver

alanchow

Recluse%20AV%20black%20logo.png

Recluse AV – Motion Sensor with Timer Driver

Recommended Retail Price: $0.00au (inc gst)

Recluse AV drivers for Control4 celebrated its first birthday recently and to celebrate we're giving you, the people who have supported us, a free motion sensor driver!

The Recluse AV Motion sensor with timer driver for Control4 is designed to make motion triggered lighting easy to program.

Features

* Allows full setup without any programming what so ever

* Selection of lights through driver properties

* Setup length of triggered lights, level and ramp rate in properties

* Timer will auto reset upon motion retrigger

* ENABLED boolean variable allows overrides, scheduled enable/disabled programming and lux level triggered enable / disable

Motion%20Sensor.png

DRIVER SPECIFIC FAQ

Why are you giving it away for free?

To celebrate 1 year of driver sales! This driver is included as a helper driver for our Ness M1 driver for Control4. You don't need to purchase or use the M1 driver to use the Motion sensor with timer driver. The driver will work with any contact input within Control4 whether it be another security system or a contact input on a Control4, Cardaccess or global cache device. All we ask is that you read through our M1 driver installation guide to get to understand the driver in case you want to use it in one of your projects.

What are the terms for using this driver?

As this is a free driver it comes as is and without support. Re-distribution of this driver is prohibited. This driver should only be downloaded from the Recluse AV website by an authorised Control4 dealer. Note that if this driver is found to be distributed without Recluse AV's consent we will probably make this our last free driver.

How do i download the driver?

This driver is only available to authorised Control4 dealers via the software.recluseav.com.au website. The driver is packaged with the Ness M1 driver.

Thanks for doing this Alan! Looks like it will save some time in creating timers, variables and logic.

This brings up question I've been meaning to ask. I want to add some additional motion sensors to automate lighting in certain rooms, but I don't currently use a security panel and I want to avoid the bulky Card Access motion sensors. What do you guys recommend, and how are they powered? Is it going to be more sensible and cost effective to just buy a Concord4 panel and use the motion sensors they offer?

Thanks for doing this Alan! Looks like it will save some time in creating timers, variables and logic.

This brings up question I've been meaning to ask. I want to add some additional motion sensors to automate lighting in certain rooms, but I don't currently use a security panel and I want to avoid the bulky Card Access motion sensors. What do you guys recommend, and how are they powered? Is it going to be more sensible and cost effective to just buy a Concord4 panel and use the motion sensors they offer?

Saves heaps of time with programming and keeps your project nice and neat. If you can run cable then its extremely easy to install motion sensors into a Control4 system. I do recommend installing a security system as you can use them for dual purpose (occupancy and security) however you can install them directly into Control4's contact inputs by the following method

12v out - motion sensor +

GND - motion sensor -

12v out - motion sensor contact in

SIG - motion sensor contact out

Sounds good Alan. I'm not a dealer but I'd like to make sure my motion sensor's driver will co-operate with it. Can you pm it to me please?
I'd love a copy as well. How do I get this driver?

Thanks

Please read the driver specific faq above for distribution method and driver terms. Your dealers can download the driver for free and install it on your behalf.

Sounds good Alan. I'm not a dealer but I'd like to make sure my motion sensor's driver will co-operate with it. Can you pm it to me please?
Please read the driver specific faq above for distribution method and driver terms. Your dealers can download the driver for free and install it on your behalf.

I don't have a dealer, I'm a designer for Axxess Industries.

I don't have a dealer, I'm a designer for Axxess Industries.

Our website is also open for signup to Control4 partners (Cardaccess, Axxind, Cisco, etc). Please register using your axxind.com email address and axxind contact details and we can process your account. Note all driver licences will be sent to that email address.

• 5 years later...
58 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Check out the advanced lighting driver on drivercentral.io

Forgot about this.  Domosapiens makes some good drivers and I hear this one works really well.

Archived