C4 Forums | Control4

DSC IT100 Programming Tips

Letran

I've got my IT100 module installed and working perfectly. I'm just curious as to how other members use this integration and what Tips & Tricks others are using. I've programmed the folowing:

Hi/Bye - This button arms and disarms (combo req) and sets the mood and lightting and announcement if we are leaving the house or entering it.

Disarm: Sends out email when a disarm function is enetered.

I have yet to test what Trouble condition means and how this differentiate from Alarm state. If you know please explain.

I would also like to hear examples what programming suggestions you have when it does invoke a real alarm and you do have an intruder in the house.

Wouldn't trouble be something like phone line fault, low battery, zone fault, etc?

I'm not sure haven't tested. (I'm hoping that it means that) it is the state or notice it gives when i tried to arm but one of the doors is open and it failed to arm.

How about unsuccesful in entering the passcode? is there a notice for that?

Wouldn't trouble be something like phone line fault' date=' low battery, zone fault, etc?[/quote']

I'm not sure haven't tested. (I'm hoping that it means that) it is the state or notice it gives when i tried to arm but one of the doors is open and it failed to arm.

How about unsuccesful in entering the passcode? is there a notice for that?

Not sure about that panel specifically. I'm saving up for an Elk M1 Gold and an Austrailian driver. ;)

Biggest impact we had was from a simple door contact. The entry in our old house didn't have any windows, so when the door was opened the lights came on. When the door was closed, it started a 10 minute timer before turning off the lights. Simple programming I know, but when this functionality failed (once a year it needed a reboot) it was very noticeable.

I also had an arm button by an exterior door. At least once a month our housekeeper would hit the arm button on the keypad while dusting the house. I never did change it to a push and hold, but it's something to consider. We moved 4 months ago- I haven't done the C4 install yet in our new house.

Biggest impact we had was from a simple door contact. The entry in our old house didn't have any windows, so when the door was opened the lights came on. When the door was closed, it started a 10 minute timer before turning off the lights. Simple programming I know, but when this functionality failed (once a year it needed a reboot) it was very noticeable.

I also had an arm button by an exterior door. At least once a month our housekeeper would hit the arm button on the keypad while dusting the house. I never did change it to a push and hold, but it's something to consider. We moved 4 months ago- I haven't done the C4 install yet in our new house.

Thanks smccray

EV has a DSC enhancer that will intergrate, and has some more programming options

I tried to get more info on EV's site of what other event programming the enhanced programing will do. Not much info or examples there.

Mainly interested in programming events if a wrong passcode is entered

• 2 weeks later...

The email alerts are very handy here.

I have all the states email me, which means I can monitor it rather than paying a company to do so.

I use a tripple tap to arm the alarm and turn off lights and audio etc in the house

The dimmer LED's turn red to say 'armed' - but I use an extra minute timer before the alarm actually gets armed.

(I found with getting the kids into the car etc... I don't have to do all that first then go back and set the alarm - makes life easy)

I then get an email to tell me it was armed as peace of mind.

I have the smoke alarms, trouble state and alarm triggered all send me specific text in the email so I know what has happened.

I think trouble state is for issues such as touching wires etc - ie someone has cut through the wires.

The email alerts are very handy here.

I have all the states email me, which means I can monitor it rather than paying a company to do so.

I use a tripple tap to arm the alarm and turn off lights and audio etc in the house

The dimmer LED's turn red to say 'armed' - but I use an extra minute timer before the alarm actually gets armed.

(I found with getting the kids into the car etc... I don't have to do all that first then go back and set the alarm - makes life easy)

I then get an email to tell me it was armed as peace of mind.

I have the smoke alarms, trouble state and alarm triggered all send me specific text in the email so I know what has happened.

I think trouble state is for issues such as touching wires etc - ie someone has cut through the wires.

Thanks that is great

Trouble state can mean many things.....even no active phone line

If you have motion detectors and your setting your alarm, after you've left the house, the system will think your home and set it into stay mode....which means your motions will not be triggering the alarm if someone were to break thru a window for instance.

So, some programming tips I did are the following:

1. When system is armed to Away, turn off all the TVs. If time = night, turn off certain interior lights and turn on exterior lights.

2. When system is armed to Away, turn upstairs thermostat to away mode. Basically, turn the thermostat up or down to conserve energy.

3. When motion is detected in living room, turn lights on if after a certain time.

That's all I've done for now but I'm going to add audio announcements as soon as I can figure out how to add audio end points. I don't have any audio zones so I'm not familiar with that aspect of Control4. One audio announcement will be when the alarm goes off to play an audio file of dogs barking and me saying to release the hounds. Kids get a kick out of that one. I'm sure you can send yourself all kinds of messages with products like Push Notify etc.

My main goal is to know what is happening around my house before someone gets near it from a security prespective.

Just my 2 cents.

I have the following:

When the alarm is set to away:

- all lights are turned off,

- all audio except the garage is turned off,

- a text is sent telling us the alarm is armed

- when a door is opened, in several zones it broadcasts "the alarm is on" for those brainfart moments

When the alarm is tripped:

- lights flash on and off

- zones play "bad boys"

- we get a text telling which zone is opened

When the front door is opened between certain hours, certain lights are turned on

• 2 weeks later...
EV has a DSC enhancer that will intergrate' date=' and has some more programming options[/quote']

I tried to get more info on EV's site of what other event programming the enhanced programing will do. Not much info or examples there.

Mainly interested in programming events if a wrong passcode is entered

I would be curious to know what the specifics of the EV driver are as well.

Tis what I got programmed so far.

Hi/Stay/Bye button:

Hi!:

- Enters the first few digits of the Disarm code

- send Disarmed email

- Sets to Tstat in-home temperature

- Turns on the foyer lights and radio

- timed after a few seconds to turn pathway lights on to the kitchen

- timed delay to turn the kitchen radio & lights on

- turn keypad LED's to green

would like to with recluse speech driver etc.

+ announce any events in the camera recordings

+ announce any missed calls or messages left

+ announce any scheduled events in the calendar

Stay: Before going to sleep button

- Turns off all audio, video & lights in the Basement & Main Floor

- Sets the Security alarm to Stay

- turn keypad LED's to orange

Bye!:

- Locks Kwickset door locks

- Turns off all audio, video & lights

- Sets to Tstat away temperature

- 2 minute delay then sets the Security alarm to away

- send Armed email

- turn keypad LED's to red

+ run a count down announcement

Armed and the Alarm state is triggered IF Disarm code was not entered within 20 seconds

LEVEL 1 Email is sent Warning Email

All Lights in the Main floor turn ON

Audio playlist on the Main Floor set on HIGH

Armed and the Alarm state is triggered IF Disarm code was not entered within 40 seconds

LEVEL 2 Email is sent Panic Email

All Lights in the Main floor fade ON and OFF

Audio playlist on the Main Floor increase volume to LOUD

Armed and the Alarm state is triggered IF Disarm code was not entered within 60 seconds

LEVEL 3 Email is sent Send in the Troops

All Lights in the Main floor & Second fade ON and OFF

Exterior Lights also turn on and off

Exterior Speakers anounces intruder alert

Audio playlist on the Main Floor increase volume to DEAF

In my Level 1-3 emails to relatives and neighbors, possible scenarios are explained as well contact numbers to reach us for confirmation and local emergency numbers Police, Fire, Hospitals etc.

I was hoping to get notice when entering wrong codes but I'm not sure if any driver can do that.

Tis what I got programmed so far.

Hi/Stay/Bye button:

Hi!:

- Enters the first few digits of the Disarm code

- send Disarmed email

- Sets to Tstat in-home temperature

- Turns on the foyer lights and radio

- timed after a few seconds to turn pathway lights on to the kitchen

- timed delay to turn the kitchen radio & lights on

- turn keypad LED's to green

+ announce any events in the camera recordings

+ announce any missed calls or messages left

+ announce any scheduled events in the calendar

Stay: Before going to sleep button

- Turns off all audio, video & lights in the Basement & Main Floor

- Sets the Security alarm to Stay

- turn keypad LED's to orange

Bye!:

- Locks Kwickset door locks

- Turns off all audio, video & lights

- Sets to Tstat away temperature

- 2 minute delay then sets the Security alarm to away

- send Armed email

- turn keypad LED's to red

+ run a count down announcement

Armed and the Alarm state is triggered IF Disarm code was not entered within 20 seconds

LEVEL 1 Email is sent Warning Email

All Lights in the Main floor turn ON

Audio playlist on the Main Floor set on HIGH

Armed and the Alarm state is triggered IF Disarm code was not entered within 40 seconds

LEVEL 2 Email is sent Panic Email

All Lights in the Main floor fade ON and OFF

Audio playlist on the Main Floor increase volume to LOUD

Armed and the Alarm state is triggered IF Disarm code was not entered within 60 seconds

LEVEL 3 Email is sent Send in the Troops

All Lights in the Main floor & Second fade ON and OFF

Exterior Lights also turn on and off

Exterior Speakers anounces intruder alert

Audio playlist on the Main Floor increase volume to DEAF

In my Level 1-3 emails to relatives and neighbors, possible scenarios are explained as well contact numbers to reach us for confirmation and local emergency numbers Police, Fire, Hospitals etc.

I was hoping to get notice when entering wrong codes but I'm not sure if any driver can do that.

Awesome!!!

Make sure you do a zone broadcast after you hook up the it100. That makes sure that the C4 system will see all the zone labels.

Does this require the EV Driver? I did the zone broadcast and I don't see the different zones in HE?

It does not require the EV driver. I believe you have to add the zones but can't remember since its been a while since I added the IT-100 to my project.

Another tip we just did - at 10PM, if alarm is not set, set it to Stay mode. Kept forgetting to set the alarm when we went to sleep. We only use Stay at night since we go in/out all day long.

Archived