C4 Forums | Control4

Driver News: Recluse AV - XBMC Frodo Driver

alanchow

You're welcome Neildilgee. Happy to help remotely with any other stuff!
Hi Ak1, thank you so much for your help. I've been looking for a dealer like you for ages. ( please consider to move to South Africa :D)

Thank you for your assistance, even during the weekend, everything is working good.

I will definitely call on you again. Very happy with the service.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not possible with the new release of xbmc.

You get 30 second skips by pressing fwd\rwd

Or you can hold to fast forward and rewind 16x speed I believe.

I'm very disappointed with this driver, I read someone else complaining about this a year ago. The 10 min skip is one of the best features (for me) about my previous Xbmc) especially when you want to scroll through movies. Worst thing about this is that I could still do this with my PC keyboard. What the use having this driver when I would still need to sit with my keyboard trying to get all the functions. I'm rather install my older free driver. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to claim my money back because I honestly think it's a good thing supporting these developers but I'm definitely very disappointed. I don't see how recluse did not fix this with the first complaints a year ago, and why it's still not fixed. I basically bought a new driver with less functions.

Which version of XBMC though? I believe this feature is gone in Frodo and the new JSON-RPC.. (I could be wrong as I didn't develop this.) But this is my understanding that the new JSON-RPC doesn't have this feature so the driver can't use it. The old EDEN release and driver probably works for this.

Just a heads up.. you may lose this feature if you update your XBMC. Again.. don't shoot the messenger :-) Just trying to help/inform.

Nope waybefore that. It was one of the first driversAln made for XBMC V9.0, Thus the reason i dont mindpaying for this one but i'm definitly reloading my old driver this weekend. I'm so use working will a movie is on, coming back and with a single touch skipping back 10 min. with this driver i need to sit with my keyboard nextto me too. Just very irrating, Xbmc v9 was playing the movies just fine.

So Just fair warning.. If that feature is critical to you... don't update to XBMCv12 Frodo :-)

Wanted to add. i think the old Eden driver is available in the ZIP.. Which may still have the feature? No idea Recluse will need to weigh in on that.

So Just fair warning.. If that feature is critical to you... don't update to XBMCv12 Frodo :-)

Wanted to add. i think the old Eden driver is available in the ZIP.. Which may still have the feature? No idea Recluse will need to weigh in on that.

IT'S NOT THE FEATURE THAT IS MISSING,BECAUSE IT'S WORKING ON THE KEYBOARD, IT'S THE DRIVER THAT'S NOT LINKING THESE FUNCTIONS. AND YES I'M GOING TO DOWNGRADE.

IT'S NOT THE FEATURE THAT IS MISSING,BECAUSE IT'S WORKING ON THE KEYBOARD, IT'S THE DRIVER THAT'S NOT LINKING THESE FUNCTIONS. AND YES I'M GOING TO DOWNGRADE.

You don't have to *yell*, we can hear you just fine.

RyanE

IT'S NOT THE FEATURE THAT IS MISSING' date='BECAUSE IT'S WORKING ON THE KEYBOARD, IT'S THE DRIVER THAT'S NOT LINKING THESE FUNCTIONS. AND YES I'M GOING TO DOWNGRADE.[/quote']

You don't have to *yell*, we can hear you just fine.

RyanE

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to stormwatch, at all. I know his just trying to help. So please accept my apologies if I came down too rough.

@ Ryan : how you doing, it's been a while.

HTTP-API is deprecated in XBMC Frodo and as such only pure JSON-RPC commands are available. UNfortunately you cannot send keyboard commands to XBMC via JSON RPC.

if you want to have that functionality again you will need to revert to XBMC Eden and utilise my older Eden driver (the driver license you have purchased works for both).

Trust me if I could put it in I would have (my wife complains about this one all the time).

HTTP-API is deprecated in XBMC Frodo and as such only pure JSON-RPC commands are available. UNfortunately you cannot send keyboard commands to XBMC via JSON RPC.

if you want to have that functionality again you will need to revert to XBMC Eden and utilise my older Eden driver (the driver license you have purchased works for both).

Trust me if I could put it in I would have (my wife complains about this one all the time).

Understood,

• 2 weeks later...

Alan,

I have been using my dune media player primarily and so my htpc with xmbc (eden) is primarily off. Would you have any advice for my situation in regards to the controller constantly pinging xbmc (frodo) when the htpc is off? For instance, is there a setting to turn off the constant pinging?

thanks,

tum

ps: haven't seen it mentioned before here, but at CES, dune showed a new dune 3dmax and it was running xbmc:)

Hi there

I am using this driver and the scenario I went to get to is to present this as seamless as possible to the user. Whilst I could leave the machine on all the time I have found that after a few days movies start to lag quite a bit, which is solved by simply exiting and restarting XBMC.

At the moment when the Theatre turns on XBMC machine gets a wake-on-lan and then boots direct to XBMC. I have got this to work really well through C4 particularly after upgrading to windows 8 where XBMC is ready and waiting by the time the projector has warmed up and is sending a picture.

The second part of the puzzle is to shutdown the PC when the room is turned off. In the driver I have set in the driver for the machine to shut-down when a power off command is received. My problem is that no matter what I try I cannot get it to work. If I manually select shutdown from XBMC it does exactly what is intended but I can't get C4 to do the shutdown.

I have tried to use the turn-off command using both the "power state" variable and also the "power off" event but no such luck, I presume all is need to do is Turn off the XBMC in C4 and it should work.

I have not been able to find a shut-down command although I assume the JSON interface would allow this?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

David

Alan,

I have been using my dune media player primarily and so my htpc with xmbc (eden) is primarily off. Would you have any advice for my situation in regards to the controller constantly pinging xbmc (frodo) when the htpc is off? For instance, is there a setting to turn off the constant pinging?

thanks,

tum

ps: haven't seen it mentioned before here, but at CES, dune showed a new dune 3dmax and it was running xbmc:)

I am making some updates to the driver which enables this functionality when the system is set to WOL for power on. Currently this version is in beta testing and should be released shortly.

Alan, Doesn't this driver give you the now playing info? I can't seem to get it to show me that.....I would think it would show the movie title next to the xbmc in the navigator. Can you please confirm?

Unfortunately our driver does not provide this functionality. It does provide feedback in terms of the type of media played (used to power on the system when off).

Hi there

I am using this driver and the scenario I went to get to is to present this as seamless as possible to the user. Whilst I could leave the machine on all the time I have found that after a few days movies start to lag quite a bit, which is solved by simply exiting and restarting XBMC.

At the moment when the Theatre turns on XBMC machine gets a wake-on-lan and then boots direct to XBMC. I have got this to work really well through C4 particularly after upgrading to windows 8 where XBMC is ready and waiting by the time the projector has warmed up and is sending a picture.

The second part of the puzzle is to shutdown the PC when the room is turned off. In the driver I have set in the driver for the machine to shut-down when a power off command is received. My problem is that no matter what I try I cannot get it to work. If I manually select shutdown from XBMC it does exactly what is intended but I can't get C4 to do the shutdown.

I have tried to use the turn-off command using both the "power state" variable and also the "power off" event but no such luck, I presume all is need to do is Turn off the XBMC in C4 and it should work.

I have not been able to find a shut-down command although I assume the JSON interface would allow this?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

David

We have discovered an issue that effects system shutdown in our driver. This has been resolved in our latest beta and is currently in testing. We have also provided WOL and shutdown commands in programming so that rather then turning on/off each time the system is on you can schedule it (for example at my house it now turns the system on/off when my house arm's/disarms and at certain times of the day).

Again this is currently in beta so once it is available i will let you know.

Second that.

And another question - is it possible to insert a delay in the play command.

For example when someone pushes play whilst I fade off the lights the video starts immediately, ideally (particularly if XBMC is in pause) I would want the video to not start until after the lights have faded off completely.

I optimistically added a 2 second delay to my "on play" program yesterday but it did not work, I presume that this is because on hitting play C4 automatically sends a play command to XBMC and then does whatever else you program subsequent to that.

Is there a way to achieve what I want to do?

I'd ideally also like to rewind by a couple of seconds as resuming sometimes means a few words of dialog is missed but I'd be happy with just getting the delayed start to work if possible.

Alan,

Here is a question. Is there anyway to work with EV to see if you can integrate with their MyMovies driver. THis would be so awesome because it gives great meta data but they do so odd things with putting an encrypted path in the media library to the file, so they would have to let you read that path and convert it into something that XBMC can read. THis would be AMAZING!

Second that.

And another question - is it possible to insert a delay in the play command.

For example when someone pushes play whilst I fade off the lights the video starts immediately, ideally (particularly if XBMC is in pause) I would want the video to not start until after the lights have faded off completely.

I optimistically added a 2 second delay to my "on play" program yesterday but it did not work, I presume that this is because on hitting play C4 automatically sends a play command to XBMC and then does whatever else you program subsequent to that.

Is there a way to achieve what I want to do?

I'd ideally also like to rewind by a couple of seconds as resuming sometimes means a few words of dialog is missed but I'd be happy with just getting the delayed start to work if possible.

I dont think you can avoid that 'play' command being sent by the driver, but if you wish to rewind a bit you can probably create a workable solution. Try putting in a 'rewind' command to be sent when play is hit when the system is paused, followed by a 2 second delay, then a play command to stop the rewinding and resume play. That should hopefully time the dimming and the resuming of playing after the rewind to about the same time.

Alan,

Here is a question. Is there anyway to work with EV to see if you can integrate with their MyMovies driver. THis would be so awesome because it gives great meta data but they do so odd things with putting an encrypted path in the media library to the file, so they would have to let you read that path and convert it into something that XBMC can read. THis would be AMAZING!

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. It works with Dune, Popcorn, Windows Media Center, why not with XBMC.

I know My Movies Collection Management can provide the metadata for XBMC, at least it did with xbmc eden.

Alan is there not a way, especially if you have local metadata stored in your movie folders for XBMC, to get this to show up in the navigators.

Or have it work with the MyMovies metadata driver?

Alan' date='

Here is a question. Is there anyway to work with EV to see if you can integrate with their MyMovies driver. THis would be so awesome because it gives great meta data but they do so odd things with putting an encrypted path in the media library to the file, so they would have to let you read that path and convert it into something that XBMC can read. THis would be AMAZING![/quote']

Yeah, I was wondering this as well. It works with Dune, Popcorn, Windows Media Center, why not with XBMC.

I know My Movies Collection Management can provide the metadata for XBMC, at least it did with xbmc eden.

Alan is there not a way, especially if you have local metadata stored in your movie folders for XBMC, to get this to show up in the navigators.

Or have it work with the MyMovies metadata driver?

I tried it with the MyMovies driver and XBMC driver and it doesn't work. It looks like the path is encrypted/hashed in some way that is preventing the xbmc driver from reading it.

Archived