C4 Forums | Control4

Can't connect to HC250

Hi all,

I got a steal on some C4 equipment that was being used for a demo in their shop. For some reason I cannot connect to the HC250. I tried doing a factory reset and still nothing. I know my network is configured properly and that the ethernet cable is good. I also was not getting any kind of display on my TV when the controller was connected via HDMI. The yellow and green lights on the ethernet port do not light up. For the lights on the front the power is solid blue and the WIFI blinks orange. I've been trying to find some info here and at a few other places, but my search came up empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HC-250:

Press and hold the Factory Restore button

The wifi light will be blinking purple

Once the wifi light goes to blue release the Restore button

You can see from the video output (HDMI or componenet) the restore proccess

this proccess takes less than 2 minutes

That's the full proper factory restore procedure.

What worries me is that you see nothing on an hdmi connected on boot-up.

On the older 300 a blinking yellow wifi was an inidation of level 2 restore but I do not believe this applies to the 250.

It sure sounds like you may have a lemon. If it's a standard 250 (ie not a beta) it should however be under full warranty and any dealer can get it RMA'd for you for a replacement.

Thanks for your quick response,

When I try the factory reset the WIFI light blinking speeds up after holding the button for a few seconds. It never turns purple. I know this unit used to work. I've seen it on display. Maybe they damaged it somehow when they disconnected everything. I know I can still return the unit if it turns out to be bad. Not sure what they or C4 can do for me since it was a demo model. Would the unit still be under warranty even though it was used a demo in the store?

Archived