C4 Forums | Control4

How do I hide my door locks and security system in navigator

You need to have composer pro to do that. Basically you can remove the room binding connection with the security system. Go to connections, click on the room, then your will see security system, disconnect that and then the security won't show up in that room on the TS.

Down side is that someone can change rooms and still access the security.

Ryan

To lock people out of these options, you best bet is to use a custom screen for all your TScreens you want to limit.

Omit the security, more (which holds relays) and whatever else you want. From there on, you can use the access agent to put a code on the `home`button that normally reverts to the default screen that will still hold these icons.

That at least hides the items you want and prevents access with an additional 4 digit code.

Remember to make sure there is no acces to these options under favorites, or lock favorites off as well.

If you`re using some of the lock apps, either hide apps as well or (in case of the kwikset app) make sure you have the new driver and app and it has it`s own admin code built in.

That should do it for you.

To lock people out of these options, you best bet is to use a custom screen for all your TScreens you want to limit.

Omit the security, more (which holds relays) and whatever else you want. From there on, you can use the access agent to put a code on the `home`button that normally reverts to the default screen that will still hold these icons.

That at least hides the items you want and prevents access with an additional 4 digit code.

Remember to make sure there is no acces to these options under favorites, or lock favorites off as well.

If you`re using some of the lock apps, either hide apps as well or (in case of the kwikset app) make sure you have the new driver and app and it has it`s own admin code built in.

That should do it for you.

Thanks for the help!

I recently was updated to the latest kwickset app but it allows me to lock and unlock the doors without the access code. It seems the access code is used to change user settings and scheduled users etc.

To lock people out of these options' date=' you best bet is to use a custom screen for all your TScreens you want to limit.

That should do it for you.[/quote']

Thanks for the help!

I recently was updated to the latest kwickset app but it allows me to lock and unlock the doors without the access code. It seems the access code is used to change user settings and scheduled users etc.

You may be correct on that- I've yet to play with the app extensively. If so you'd have to hide apps as well.

It's not great - but it's a solution at least.

• 3 weeks later...
And it would not hide the locks yet.

Any idea if this feature is in the works or if it will be added to the acces agent?

I personally find the new Access Agent to be useless as the only reason I could see myself using it would be to put a code on the apps so that the kwikset and yale apps couldn't be accessed.

And it would not hide the locks yet.

Any idea if this feature is in the works or if it will be added to the acces agent?

I personally find the new Access Agent to be useless as the only reason I could see myself using it would be to put a code on the apps so that the kwikset and yale apps couldn't be accessed.

So you contradict yourself immediately. That's the very kind of thing the agent is for.

Funny, people were begging to have this sort of "lock" functionality returned in 2.x. It's back with more functionality then before and now it's "useless".

Make no mistake I would like to see it go further than it is now, but it certainly has a lot of nice possibilities.

-Limit kids' control to their own rooms from their own rooms

-Prevent customers or unauthorised personel in bars/restaurants from accessing unwanted portions.

-The above mentioned "security"

-"lock" users to the custom screen to simplify matters

-Prevent unwanted access to easily reached screens by intruders/mischief makers (sunroom TS, portable possibly left outside)

No I wouldn't say it's useless.

So you contradict yourself immediately. That's the very kind of thing the agent is for.

Funny' date=' people were begging to have this sort of "lock" functionality returned in 2.x. It's back with more functionality then before and now it's "useless".

Make no mistake I would like to see it go further than it is now, but it certainly has a lot of nice possibilities.

-Limit kids' control to their own rooms from their own rooms

-Prevent customers or unauthorised personel in bars/restaurants from accessing unwanted portions.

-The above mentioned "security"

-"lock" users to the custom screen to simplify matters

-Prevent unwanted access to easily reached screens by intruders/mischief makers (sunroom TS, portable possibly left outside)

No I wouldn't say it's useless.[/quote']

While I don't find it completely useless it is still lacking the functionality I'd prefer for it to have. The only 2 things I'd like to set passwords on my navigators would be the apps and the settings....maybe I'm wrong but I haven't found a way to set a code on the apps so I will continue to just hide them using a custom screen which works but why not go ahead and implement them in the Access Agent?

39izhhV.png

As I said - it's not quite there. Can't tell you WHY you can't lock apps directly - I didn't design it. I'd argue the same for security as well. May have something to do with apps being an agent themselves, perhaps because it's not a default icon (automatically shows up when related agents/devices are active). But again I don't disagree it could be a lot better.

But it DOES give you an option to block access as you mentioned. Not ideal, no argument there, but it's a lot more than before the access agent was added.

Archived