C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to connect remotely after upgrade to 2.3

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered...

My 4sight subscription came due not too long ago, so I contacted my dealer to renew the subscription. I also asked him to update the OS as I was on 1.8.3 and wanted to use some of the newer features. My dealer first updated my subscription, and I was able to confirm that it was working again (after it had expired). He then updated the OS to 2.3 (remotely) and now I cannot connect remotely. And the system does not check in.

I've tried using the 'check in' button from the account services area of Composer HE (after upgrading HE to the new version). I receive the message 'Status: Check in unsuccessful". And I've tried to re-register my controller -- I receive the message "Status: Error saving certificate from web services".

There were no changes in my network from before the OS upgrade. I'm wondering if the new OS is using a new port or service that the old OS didn't use? I have an HC300 controller and am using a DSL modem, Buffalo router and Dell switch.

My dealer is stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Marc

I tried power cycling the controller -- even tried rebooting the modem and router, but no luck. Same results when trying to check in or re-register.

Another message I've seen in the Account Services window is "No response to check-in request. VPN connection may be invalid".

I've seen some posts about a patch, but I had the impression that was for older OS's?

Thanks,

-Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived