C4 Forums | Control4

Worth switching to SecuritySpy from Blue Iris to integrate with C4?

I'm considering switching from Blue Iris to SecuritySpy since there is a EV driver for Security Spy. I just finished rebuilding my unRaid server which I currently run ESXi to host a windows VM to run blue iris. Should I change this to an OSX VM and run SecuritySpy in order to integrate all my cameras with C4? I've been very happy with Blue Iris, however it would be nice to integrate everything with C4.

If any of you are running SecuritySpy and have it integrated with C4 using the EV driver, how happy are you with its functionality?

• 2 months later...

^Could just be down for service but it does appear that Blue Iris is gone. I need to go looking for a more robust solution for mapping motion detection. Anyone have experience with selective motion sensing?

Tried SS- not my thing. Blue Iris still not there so Panasonic for a while longer I guess. Blue- what is the correlation between recording software and the ability to display cam feeds from a C4 TS? I would not bother trying as Control4 displays this fine. Images on a Portable are absolutely usable.

have not tried SS; but I am using 4 foscam cameras with Blue Iris for 3 weeks now. You can add Blue Iris Remote View, e.g. http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx//jpegpull.htm to the IP Camera Web Image driver on C4. It is only viewable on MyHome IOS and andriod version, not on the older C4 TS or HC800 navigation screen, don't have the new infinity screens.

Through MyHome IOS you can even click on a motion alarm clip and view the camera that recorded the clip, just like it was a website. I did notice a bug; anytime I try to change orientation the MyHome IOS app crashes.

Archived