C4 Forums | Control4

HC1000 will not take a USB restore

I have a HC1000 V3 with 2.2.4 on it. I'm trying to use a 1.7.4 usb restore on it to get it back to 1.7.4. It doesn't seem to take. I plug it into a usb port on the back and turn the unit on. I waited about 20 minutes. When I reboot and connect via System Manager, it still has 2.2.4 on it. I can connect to it and see it. Trying to make this the main controller on a 1.7.4 project.

If not possible, please let me know. Thanks.

If the unit detects a restore stick, it would start flashing the from buttons - is this happening at all (different from a normal boot-up). If not, make sure it recognizes USB connections at all (put in a normal empty stick, after a few minutes it should show up under media on HE and ME).

If it does - it may just be the recovery stick.

Got it. It was the usb stick. I just used another usb drive and created a new restore disk. Not sure why. The one I was using was new and had just created it also. Thanks for the suggestion.

So, I thought I had it fixed. I moved the HC1000 to its proper location. Now, the Data & Link lights are blinking together. I did the usb restore on it again just to be sure. I was able to ping it earlier but can't now. I moved to another network port using a different cable with the same results. Suggestions?

I have moved it to another location so yes, I did unplug it. When I did the usb restore, I waited until all the lights were solid before pulling the restore stick out and rebooted. During the restore, I see the Data & Link lights blink 1 after another. But after rebooting, they almost blink together with may be a millisecond difference.

Also, after it reboots, the lights blink that way even if I unplug the network cable.

How are you rebooting that 1000 after update complete? it should be done by removing the stick then press the link button on the front which SHOULD cause it to reboot - disconnecting power at that point is not recommended.

Sorry for late reply. Went out of town. Finally got it to work. Had to use Update Manager to get it out of some loop it was stuck in. The SSL patch worked. Thanks Godzilla for all your help.

Archived