C4 Forums | Control4

Composer 2.5 -- where to DL

bocadave

It's probably hard to find precisely because people would tend to run the wrong version on their system.

You can do irreparable harm to a system by running the wrong version of Composer. It's much more likely with Pro, but I think it's possible even with HE.

RyanE

• 5 weeks later...
It's probably hard to find precisely because people would tend to run the wrong version on their system.

You can do irreparable harm to a system by running the wrong version of Composer. It's much more likely with Pro, but I think it's possible even with HE.

RyanE

But they've just recently changed the My Control4 site to hide versions you aren't on...I guess that is a good change? But I'm sure there is reasons to get newer or older and now they are hidden (like when we had to use a file from an older version when there was a problem with HE a few versions back).

So what is the actual version of the 2.51 so I can download in advance of when I need it editing the link given? I promise I won't load it ahead of time.

On that note, if you can do harm using old versions it would be nice if that check was run when HE starts and also if it would give an option to overwrite old versions when you install new, instead of 10 folders of different HE versions...

On that note, if you can do harm using old versions it would be nice if that check was run when HE starts and also if it would give an option to overwrite old versions when you install new, instead of 10 folders of different HE versions...

Since HE is just a build option for building ComposerPro, I doubt this'll happen anytime soon, since dealers *need* to have multiple versions of ComposerPro hanging around on their laptops.

RyanE

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I already work for a dealer... I just haven't went through training yet and I'm not technically one of their installers... I'm one of the salesmen

If you work for a dealer, he should be able to give you a ComposerPro login.

RyanE

Archived