C4 Forums | Control4

My Theater - Almost Finished

ILoveC4

I am SO close. I have the 126" acoustically transparent screen here, but I'm waiting to hang it until carpet is installed.

I still need to hang the rope lighting behind the crown molding.

I think the colors turned out nice, and I like the trayed ceiling.

I have a 13" high riser in the back of the room.

Front row is seats will have 4, back row (on the riser) will have 5, with the middle 3 being straight and the outer two angling in.

I should have taken a few more pics and with something better than my phone, but I didn't. The projector is built in to the soffit, which is pretty cool. It's completely hidden, and it should help with the projector noise.

2013-08-25-11.29.53-e1377453133155.jpg

2013-08-25-11.30.22-e1377453232513.jpg

2013-08-25-11.31.33-e1377453299143.jpg

I should add that, for perspective, the first two pics were taken with me standing on the riser and holding the phone up high. The ceilings are 9' (actual is about 8' 4" after hat channel, soundboard, drywall, etc...), then the soffit comes down from there.

qVAMPIREp and tebery...all the equipment isn't purchased yet. I'm kind of waiting to see what CEDIA brings.

If I get too anxious, I'm going to snag a JVC RS46. The speakers are all Snap A/V Episode 700. I have tried them out with a Pioneer Elite AVR I have, and they actually sound really good! I was a little nervous, but I really like them.

I haven't purchased the final AVR yet, or sub. This was part of finishing a 2,500 square foot section of the basement, and the cost over runs were crazy. I had to slow the spending down for a minute, and with CEDIA coming it made it easy for me to justify letting this room be the one to wait.

I've got a busy next few weeks...after that I'll take a hard look at everything and make some decisions. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah...room dimensions. Don't have them with me, but will post them when I get home. It's roughly 15' wide and 18' long...I wish it were a little longer.

Very nice Dan. Any photos of the front of the room. Putting speakers behind the screen?

Thanks Alan.

cyknight is correct...the first two pictures are of the front of the room, and my little "stage". I am putting those 3 speakers behind the screen. I'll get some more pics of the rest of the room when it's completed. Right now there is some stuff being stored in there on the riser and in the back 2/3 of the room (the doors you see are about 35% of the way back between the front and rear walls). The riser starts fairly close behind the doors, but there's a bunch of stuff on it right now...pics will come when I clear it off.

Dan, you been paying attention to IFA in Berlin? Looks like JVC not doing much this year. I was hoping they would come strong and improve their 3D, but no dice. I was waiting to for CEDIA, and was originally thinking JVC, but I'm leaning toward Sony HW55 now. JVC has awesome 2D, but my kids will want some 3D action and it's killing me.

By the way, the room looks good. Need to take some more pics though :)

• 5 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while. Room is all done with the exception of seats, which will be here tomorrow and I'll get some better pics. Must of these are a few weeks old and from before I installed the subwoofers.

Keeping the kids from unauthorized entry.

Posted Image

A few random pictures of the room.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I mounted the projector inside the soffit so it's completely hidden. I built a custom shroud to cover it, I just haven't wrapped it with grill cloth and installed it yet. Posted Image

And a couple if action shots. Picture from the Epson 4030 is awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally took care of a few last finishing touches. I built the cover for the projector and it turned out awesome. I only wish I had cloth that matched the paint color, but this is good enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We've been using the room like crazy... Loving every minute of it.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Archived