C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos Driver BETA Testers needed

THEORY

Sorry the videos are upside down at the moment.

We are looking for uses with Sonos in the C4 projects to beta this driver which is a fully featured Sonos Driver all services should be available and as you subscribe to new ones no dealer intervention is needed. We also have a more robust auto update service then what others are currently using so this will allow the driver to stay up to date.

The ones we select to BETA will need to allow us to teamviewer into their system as well as have numerous audio services attached to their account. The reason is the services are limited geographically and us being in Canada want to ensure all your services work and the only way to capture data from other geographic areas would be this method or physically being there.

This will require a short session to see the data the comes back from the services and running a few sonos interface commands with the Sonos app.

As I have stated the driver is fully featured and will allow thumbs up and thumbs down, skip, meta data, managing the queue, browsing your shares via Sonos. Now more messy Composer ME for audio management.

So please let me know what Sonos devices you have, and what services you have on your account.

http://sdrv.ms/15rDNKr

Side note, I've had fun playing with "The Hype Machine" services really cool for finding music being blogged about and stuff not released mainstream.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't just PM me. Post your Sonos Devices and the Services you have registered with Sonos on here. I will ask you to PM me or I will PM you. At this time we are only selecting people with services we need to test more.

8 Zones

Pandora, Rhapsody, Last FM (scobbling only), just joined Hype machine, JB HiFi Now (trial expired)

Using EV driver at present

Can I ask what is better about this driver over the EV before I commit (It's taken me ages to get right)?

edit....oh wait..I just saw your post on my audio endpoint thread :P

8 zones = 6 zp120 amps + 2 Play3

note: using EV driver - 2 DirectTV DVR's and AppleTV in matrix use Sonos as audio endpoint in 2 zones.

Last.fm, Spotify, Pandora, I heart Radio...

I currently have an issue (that my dealer has not been able to fix) where turning off room in one zone will stop/pause audio in another room watching the same source from the matrix (e.g. DVR1 playing in bedroom and family room, turn off TV in family room and audio shuts off in bedroom). Not sure if this is an EV issue or a programming/setup issue, but if your driver can help me there... I'm game.

Thank I think when we wrap up a few of the minor service issues we will want to get you testing the driver. I will message you at that point. I think you will be blown away by what this thing does. What do you have as controller?

8 zones = 6 zp120 amps + 2 Play3

note: using EV driver - 2 DirectTV DVR's and AppleTV in matrix use Sonos as audio endpoint in 2 zones.

Last.fm, Spotify, Pandora, I heart Radio...

I currently have an issue (that my dealer has not been able to fix) where turning off room in one zone will stop/pause audio in another room watching the same source from the matrix (e.g. DVR1 playing in bedroom and family room, turn off TV in family room and audio shuts off in bedroom). Not sure if this is an EV issue or a programming/setup issue, but if your driver can help me there... I'm game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Call it what you like, Ours will be out when the features we want implemented are all extensively tested and working as planned. (This is not far off, but Sonos has had a few updates lately, and we will most likely test the new features added in recent firmware) I can tell you our driver will be nothing like EV's and the comparisons would be night and day. The most common things would be we both will use the media proxy, and they are both for sonos, ours will have more features, and be much more compact in the footprint on the controller. If they do make it out before us, ours will be well worth the wait to compare. If you already have the EV driver then nothing lost to upgrade.

Archived