C4 Forums | Control4

could not authenticate to director

When I log into ME or HE getting the message -

"could not authenticate to director at 192.x.x.x. on a secure point.

common cause are incorrect time or date etc

does not let me log in - any one have any ideas ?

running 2.5.2

Also done a full reboot

Everything else runs OK

Cheers

The whole message may seem confusing/elaborate, but means no more or less than that Composer cannot connect to director.

To check time on the system, it's best to use either a C4 tscreen or a remote, not the apps.

Beyond time and date, other possible things causing this:

-If either the controller or the director have a wrong (or different) gateway or subnet mask. This can happen on a router change. Myhome on the same computer may still be able to reach in this scenario

-The router is actually down or for some reason disconnected from the controller (controller may continue to work in general and even connect to other devices if on a separate network switch). MyHome on the same PC wills top working however.

-For some reason controller cannot connect to the internet - and therefor the timeserver. As the system does keep track time may still seem accurate but behind the 'mask' it's not synching. A reboot should have fixed that though, or at least shown you a completely wrong time to point to this issue.

-SSL password was changed on the controller - you would likely know this. It SHOULD prompt you for a password but sometimes this gets messed up due to controller listing in Composer. Re-install of composer usually fixes this.

-Sometimes Composer get's antsy - and needs to be uninstalled and re-installed (this could have effect on on a ME and HE at the same time - you could try just installing ME again for a quick test.

Archived