C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 4232CBM Integration

Some help guys. Trying to connect the 4232CBM from a Vista 20P Panel to either HC800 or IO Extender and no luck. Settings are as follows:

On the Alarm Panel Side:

RIS Mode in Field *91 with 82

AUI Mode enabled with *189

Virtual Keypad Address 5

On Drive Side:

ECP Address 25

Keypad Address 5

Partitions 1

Polling Off

AUI Supprt Yes

Wiring Setup is:

Serial Pinout 5 to GND on Module

Serial Pinout 3 to RX on Module

Serial Pinout 2 to TX on Module

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i have mine setup, but don't remember the details. I do remember it was a PITA to get running.

One thing I will share is that when I had the programming keypad setup it did not work. That had to be disconnected before it would work properly

• 2 weeks later...

Actually now that i think about it.....

Change the ECP Keypad to 2, I think we struggled and struggles with 5 for some reason and made it 2 on systems and it worked. Ill check in the am with the guy at work that programs alarm panels too. We are a full service place so its nice to have everyone on staff we need. C4, Alarm, CCTV, Fire.........

Try 2 and let me know if that works.

trying to attach an image of the working units in composer we have out there but this new forum is giving me an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

These are the instructions I wrote down when I did mine.  Maybe it will help. Some of it is from the Honeywell book.

Vista 20P simple instructions:

Set these values in the fields:

*91 8,2

*189 1,1,5,5

*190 - *196 1,5 choose a location where there is no physical keypad, and set the keypad address number in the control4 driver. ie. If there is 1 physical keypad it is default address 16, so set address 17 keypad (*191) to 1,5 and enter 17 as the addess under "ECP address for 1st keypad"

ECP address for 4232CBM module :

This is the address value equal to 25, to be configured in CBM module to get the panel status updates.

The same 25th address should be configured as RIS module in panel.

Refer the security panel data sheets for more information.

ECP address for 1st keypad Emulation :

This is the address to be set to CBM module to get the display messages and virtual keypad functionality in control4.

A keypad should be configured to 1st partition in security panel at the same address.

Refer the security panel data sheets for more information.

Number of Zones :

These are the number of zones to be created, monitored and assign the event actions based on the status of the zones.

Number of Partitions:

These are the number of Partitions to be created, monitored and assign the event actions based on the status of the Partitions.

Polling:

This is the configuration set to the CBM module for whether to send the status update messages from panel to control4 as and when it occurs asynchronously(When polling is OFF) or on status request from control4(when polling is ON).

AUI Support:

This is the configuration set to CBM module to get the zone descriptors from security panel. The same AUI option should be enabled in security panel configuration at the same above mentioned ECP address for 1st keypad Emulation.Refer the security panel data sheets for more information.

Debug Mode:

This is facility provided to get the RS232 communication logs when the mode is true.

Reconnect:

Selecting this button resets and configures the 4232CBM according to the driver settings configured in Composer. If you have made configuration changes and the system is not responding correctly, or if the Control4 system loses communications with the control panel (e.g. if the control panel completely loses both AC and battery power), select this button to re-establish normal operation.

Zone Settings:

If you wish to monitor more than 48 zones, you can change the number of zone bindings available with the 'Number of Zones' property on the Properties page.

To use the zone status changes, add Control4 Contact devices (motion sensor contact, door contact, etc. to the Control4 project, and then make Connections in the Connections page to the appropriate security panel zone.

Zone Descriptor:

Make sure that AUI option enabled/disabled same as both the panel and driver side.

Note:

Low end Panel configuration:

If both the side AUI option is enabled, ECP address for 1st keypad Emulation address should be one of 1,2,5 and 6 which is enabled AUI option for the Home partition (Partition 1).

Wiring configuration:

Straight Cable Connection:

4232CBM pin Connection

5-6->(RX)

7-8->(TX)

3-4->(GND)

at DB9 pin Connection

2(RX)

3(TX)

5(GND)

Limitations:

WARNING: If you change/update the Number of Zones, you will lose any connections made to those zone bindings, and need to re-connect them to your project sensors.

Archived