C4 Forums | Control4

Minions!!

seth_j

Something like that.. I had some old 70V gear laying around. There's a Bose 32SE behind some potted plants in the corner. I wanted to move it into one of the black boxes and poke holes in it but never had the time.

The good thing is you couldn't tell where the sound was coming from because the porch is so small. Also the amp sums the audio to one channel so I only needed one.

Kids mostly ignored them (focus was on the door and candy)... but parents and the teenagers thought they were really cool. The only bad part was the 5 second delay.. going to try something different for xmas that might make it instant.

One thing I will mention -- I worked forever to get an Elk 930 to work with my doorbell.. Never did. The unit was used so it could have been fried but I got a tip from a fellow dealer that worked even better -- and costs even less.

Run a wire to the doorbell unit. Install a security contact (small one) over the door bell electromagnet that moves the strikers. When that magnet is engaged it will close the circuit. Worked like a charm.

As a dealer I've had all sorts of issues with the 930 over the years... I think it is a great piece but this will be what we will use going forward. Hopefully this helps someone.

Archived