C4 Forums | Control4

RSS Feeds

Thank you SO much! The link above works perfect!

Was getting the shakes all week from not getting my C4 "fix"

Just an FYI, the link in your post above works great and does return RSS xml. The RSS link currently in the site footer is linking to what appears to be a pretty representation of the last 50 posts - not the actual RSS feed. 

Dan, thanks again for getting this!

:)  Not a problem. 

Just an FYI, the link in your post above works great and does return RSS xml. The RSS link currently in the site footer is linking to what appears to be a pretty representation of the last 50 posts - not the actual RSS feed. 

I added directions to the subpage to make it more specific.  If you click the icon in the sub page it will bring you to the RSS Link.  If you click the feed name you get a nicely formatted version.

Do you think there should be any other feeds enabled?  Ie a feed that only includes certain categories?  Also the feed is set to feed up to 50 posts at a time.  Do you think I should increase/decrease that setting?

Thanks!

Dan

I just noticed something odd.... The RSS feed seems to include only the OP of any post that has a reply.

i.e. for this update, the feed will just include your original post from 11/9, but not this update. The RSS feed will of course also include the first post of any "new" topics, but then not any followups. 

Also, is there any options to include the name of the author in the feed? The author sometimes puts a message in context. 

Regarding different feeds... personally, I would only use the "all" feed, but maybe other members might use a more specialized one. 

Thanks again Dan. 

Archived