C4 Forums | Control4

FollowMe Find My iPhone Geofence Driver

phileaton

I'm starting to get a lot of timeouts with the driver, where it won't ever recover on its own, and I have to go in and change the iCloud password in Composer so I can get a "set" button choice (I don't actually change the password).  Once I set it the iCloud session recovers.  May need to look at the logic on that?  I'm not really changing anything so hopefully this can be fixed programmatically.  I have 5 different driver instances and this morning 2 of them were "stuck".  One device was on iOS 6 and one on iOS 9, so its not an iOS 9 issue.

Any ideas yet on Family Sharing support?

Are you seeing any errors in the lua tab? I am not able to duplicate this yet.

Still looking into family sharing. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way I would see that is having debug turned on, correct?  I'm not sure how soon it will happen again so if that's what I need to do I'll have to turn it on and get back to you.

I understand you need to see the error but in my mind its more about recovery from any type of error with iCloud, if I'm basically just having to kick it hopefully there is a way to do that kick automatically.

• 1 month later...

Getting check validation key ?

I've had more trouble lately with it not being able to do iCloud sessions successfully.  Sometimes disabling and re-enabling the device helps, but not always.  Would be nice to know what if anything can be done to fix the lack of robustness lately.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this is the default geofencing thread it seems--surprised to see Geohopper is implementing a $5/month fee for their Geofencing app.  This is from a company that has sold beacons for years.  Seems like a bait and switch to me...beacons of little use without the app.

• 3 weeks later...

So trying to decide on the best solution, we go out for a walk and of course have our phones.  As we walk about the neighborhood the door keeps opening every time we come into range.  

Anyway to temporarily disable tracking? 

Just one of the annoyances of geofencing?  

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, turls said:

Service has been down for my entire family since evening of Jan. 10, or perhaps morning of January 11 since there probably wasn't any triggers late on January 10.  Nobody will authenticate.  Anybody else?

We are getting several reports of this and my personal install is doing the same. I suspect a change in the API on Apple' side. We are actively working on it. I will update you when resolved. 

Archived