C4 Forums | Control4

WattBox Driver

cdepaola

Am I missing something of is their indeed no option to turn outlet's on and off as needed within this ExtraVegetables driver?  I want to be able to shut down some non-controllable amp's in a rack and though I would be able to do so with the WattBox and included EV driver but the only options I see are to cycle an outlet.  It has no On/Off capability? 

If this is the case its very disappointing. 

I do this with Wattbox all the time, and I do it with the FREE driver that is really available within Composer or from Snap A/V.

What you do, is bound each outlet to a relay. You can then open (turn off) and close (turn on) each outlet as you wish. Works great.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Ok, I thought my outlets had been bound but I do see this option now and am a bit happier that I'll still be able to get the accomplished.  Compared to the BluBolt driver though this is a bit tedious and contrived, so still not ideal. 

Thanks for the input!

Ok, I thought my outlets had been bound but I do see this option now and am a bit happier that I'll still be able to get the accomplished. Compared to the BluBolt driver though this is a bit tedious and contrived, so still not ideal.

Thanks for the input!

Tedious and contrived? Really?

Tedious and contrived? Really?

Yup...

Look at the BluBolt driver, no extra connections necessary and simple on/off right in the driver programming.  Is it nit picky, sure, but oh well... 

Depends if I compare the 12 or 8 outlet unit to the Blubolt. Could be $130 or $20 in savings.

I get the point, I do. But there is something to bd said for a well thought out and built driver. The Wattbox is nice but in my opinion it could be better on several fronts including remote access and it's C4 driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am debating the 2 myself. I am looking at the Panamax M4315-pro, which is just under $400. But havent made up my mind yet.

Wattbox rocks, and is substantially less expensive. There isn't anything more I would want out them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I am debating the 2 myself.  I am looking at the Panamax M4315-pro, which is just under $400. But havent made up my mind yet.

If you're getting the M4315-pro, with BlueBolt, for under $400 then I would go with the Panamax.

There are a few caveats, to that:

1: If you need more then 8 outlets then the Wattbox may be a better choice.

a)  The Wattbox has 12 outlets but only 8 are controllable 

2: If you have large wall warts that will be plugged in then the Wattbox is better designed for this

The Wattbox is a good piece, it is larger and takes up two rack spaces vs one for the Panamax but still a good piece. If you compare the Panamax to the same size Wattbox piece the Wattbox is cheaper, though your getting a good deal on the Panamax.

The Panamax has better surge protection and its webportal is nicer then the Wattbox option. 

Both good units but I'd give the upper hand to Panamax. 

• 2 years later...
On ‎2013‎-‎12‎-‎09 at 11:18 AM, ILoveC4 said:

I do this with Wattbox all the time, and I do it with the FREE driver that is really available within Composer or from Snap A/V.

What you do, is bound each outlet to a relay. You can then open (turn off) and close (turn on) each outlet as you wish. Works great.

Could some one show me how to bound an outlet to a relay? In Composer under the Control & Audio Video Connections I could see the 8 relays but I don't see options on which devices I could bind the relays to. Actually I have never bind a relay before. Is there a C4 article or document I could read up on. Thanks

Could some one show me how to bound an outlet to a relay? In Composer under the Control & Audio Video Connections I could see the 8 relays but I don't see options on which devices I could bind the relays to. Actually I have never bind a relay before. Is there a C4 article or document I could read up on. Thanks

You need composer pro to do it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Add a relay device into a room - IE generic relay - then use connections to bind that to the relay on the wattbox for each outlet.

Without the relay binding you have cycle an outlet as part of the wattbox driver, after binding to a relay, you open or close the associated relay as desired.

On 4/9/2016 at 1:07 AM, pnguyen@philix.com said:

Let's avoid necroing a post from 2013, especially since the Wattbox driver provides the Cycle Outlet option within Programming and you're a bit off-topic.

Archived