C4 Forums | Control4

How to check software version on HC-200 or HC-300

dish67

Right. So if it's lower than that, just update it. It's going to be tough I find anything pre 2.0 I would think, so you should be fine. In fact, there aren't any current products (controllers) that support anything pre 2.0.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Hmm not quite - they'll upgrade still but the cannot be main controllers on that version anymore, similar to how the old Media Controller and HTC still upgraded to 2.x (up to 2.2.4) but could no longer be used as a main controller.

Oh and the 1000 also still can be used as a main.

That said - still consider what you have and if you have none of the 3 (250/800/1000) you may want to consider getting one now for a new main vs one of the others.

C4 say you should upgrade HC1000 to a 800 - it can be used but not recommend because of future upgrades.

Also the others can not be upgraded passed 2.5.3

The media controller and HTC have to be physical taken out of the project for you to upgrade to 2.6 .

Hence my comments on 200 and 300.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but can someone confirm?  I'm looking at picking up an old controller and I am wondering if it can be upgraded to 2.6 or beyond.  Specifically v1 of the HC200.

As the controller running Director, standalone or otherwise, No. As a secondary controller beneath a controller that is running Director that is also able to be 2.6 and above, yes. So if you have an HC250, HC800, EA series and those are (or capable of going) above 2.6 and running Director then the HC200 can goto 2.6+.

Archived