C4 Forums | Control4

2.5.3 and SDDP Security Cameras

turls

http://www.cepro.com/article/control4_announces_euro_store_50_sddp_cameras_lifesize_integration/

Good stuff on 2nd page:

...all of Control4’s mobile apps will fully support the h.264 video streaming capabilities, which is utilized by the surveillance cameras to deliver video quality at 80 percent or more bandwidth savings. All of the enhanced functionality, new tools and interoperability with cameras via SDDP will be available with the release of Control4 OS 2.5.3, which is scheduled to be released later this month.

I hope Sony are on the list , most security only firms  who supply to some of our jobs only use Sony!

Most security firms wont touch Lilin or Panasonic only sony or Axis!!!!

Anyone had success with sony IP cameras working on the touchpanels?

Cheers 

Panasonic makes some very nice camera.. not cheap..

If your security firms won't touch them perhaps the price is scaring them off...

The security firm want to install Axis but at over a grand a go i dont think the customer will go for them!!

• 7 months later...

Is there a list somewhere of who the nine camera manufacturers are?    I've been holding off on a new camera purchase...

OK so where are we at with this compatibility list?

I'm thinking of adding All new IP cameras into the new joint (with h.264 streaming to TS's) and Linin NVR/DVR for recording and images on TV's??

Thanks!!!

Alex, with 2.5.3 we have significantly expanded camera driver support and the ability to add/customize camera drivers where required.  Lilin cameras are working well for us and there are other choices. For NVR, consider QNAP whether integrated with a NAS or stand-alone NVR, now also with C4 SDDP.

^Thanks for the reply. With all due respect here we are 8 months on from this announcement, and it appears C4 *still* doesn't get this.

I've struggled selecting cameras and a way of recording CCTV and integrating them seamlessly before. Been their DONE that !

When moving premises , the first thing one wants to get sorted is security. Absolute priority before expensive gear is moved in.

Crims target places that are changing over.

Ok. So having said that, customers want is a list. There are particular cameras for particular locations. It's a tricky and finicky selection process. As most people around here who have done this know. A customer wants to walk in and have the cameras selected and positioned and recording in 10 sec flat. PRIOR to the move. New IP and wifi camera tech in particular make this request a reality!

To do this, a "future" C4 customer (and I consider myself as one MK2) wants 100% lay down assurance all the cameras and DVR will be 100% compatible with Control4. They don't want hrs and hrs of farting around writing drivers or C4 integration time. The cameras need to pop up on all the interfaces guaranteed ASAP.

So where is the list?

All we need is like a compatibility table.

With the so called 9 manufacturers mentioned above down the rows and how they work with c4 across the columns:

Displays easy On a C4 TS? tick. Can be displayed on TV? tick. Appear within the C4 mobile app? tick. Can Used as an intercom display? tick. Compatible with new future C4 gear? Tick. Compatible with 2.7 and future firmware? tick.

I want the cameras to be rolling ASAP: the C4 integration can wait: but I don't want the situation like 3-6 months down the track (if I decide to put C4 back) of incompatibility. Partic if some new TS and gear hits the market or firmware changes or whatever.

A customer asks for a compatibility list, so he can drop by a joint and plan a CCTV rollout, and it still appears there is no such list.

Am I being too difficult here? My apologies if this information request seems a bit over the top.

Cheers. And thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex,

The 2.5.3 release expanded camera support significantly. The details were well publicized to dealers and customers. Now since Control4 is dealer-centric, it of course relies on dealers to communicate with customers although there are some Control4 communications that go direct to customers. The attached table shows what was made available at the release of 2.5.3. The details of specific models  / NVRs that match the customer's needs are to be figured out between customer and dealer or you could post questions here.  Bear in mind the "Number of drivers" in the chart does not correspond to the the number of camera models: one driver typically supports many camera models from a vendor.

I misspoke earlier about QNAP NAS: it's the QNAP Viostor NVR that is now C4 supported. I was thinking of the new C4 QNAP support for media management in QNAP NAS products: "Any QNAP NAS that is running QTS 4.1.0 or higher can now be media monitored from Control4"

Cheers,

post-124405-0-02621400-1413040336_thumb.

Archived