C4 Forums | Control4

Best HDMI Matrix Switch Over Cat 5/6 etc -

Mark Adams

I have not used this, but am looking at it for my new house:

http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI_Matrix_HDbaseT_HD4xSTPMX_over%20CAT6.html

Octava 4x8 (really 4x9 b/c input 1 outputs to both HDMI and cat5 at the same time) matrix.  Single cat5 cable for each run with PoE to power the balun at the TV.  Includes IR and digital audio.

Here are the prices I was quoted, the base is a 4x4 (4x5) system with the ability to add output cards to go up to 4x8:

HD44STPMX-4 $2,996.00 ( 4 TX cards + 4 Zone Receivers)
HD45STPMX -5 $3,370.00 ( 5 TX cards + 5 Zone Receivers)
HD46STPMX-6 $3,744.00 ( 6 TX cards + 6 Zone Receivers)
HD47STPMX -7 $4,118.00( 7 TX cards + 7 Zone Receivers)
HD48STPMX -8 $4,492.00( 8 TX cards + 8 Zone Receivers)

Thats brand new, retail price direct from Octava. 

On a side note, I went crazy with Control4 in my current house and now that I am selling it is more of a hassle than anything.  Ive decided to ditch Control4 in the new house.  Thats not to say I didnt enjoy having it but I think things are moving in the direction that between Logitech and Belkin, along with various wifi controlled smart devices you will have the ability to control everything to the same degree without the added expense (and hassle, IMO) of a dealer-run system.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/harmony-ultimate-with-Belkin-Wemo-switch/td-p/1173649

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/logitech-keeps-harmony-alive/#!DfsI7

Once Logitech adds wifi control of Belkin WeMO light switches you will be able to control video, audio, and lighting from one logitech remote or your smartphones.  Some of the more intricate uses such as security integration and on/off switches (irrigation, etc) may be a little bit down the road but for me the most important and commonly used thing was the AV+lighting.  NEST shouldnt be far off either for "comfort" control.

I can already view my security cameras on my phone independent of the C4 system which ends up being more convenient anway.  What I will miss, for now, is the lighting control tied to the security system and some of the timing features.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I am putting together my control 4 system and i am at the point where i need an HDMI over Cat 5/6 Matrix switcher. (Hdmi runs are not possible) 

I wanted to see if there is a perfect fit for control 4 in terms of performance? 

Not sure if it matters but i am only interested in 1080P .... No 4k or 3D 

I am setting up the following. 

5 Rooms / Displays will be stereo using the Control 4 8 zone amplifier and Ceiling Speakers

We are also using the Control 4 Audio Matrix Switch

3 Zones will be 5.1 surround and i will have the reciever in each room where HDMI will run through the reciever and then into the Display. 

Sources will be 

Direct TV 

Playstation

Sony 400 disk Blu Ray 

Dune or Popcorn Hour 

I am looking for 1080p ...NO 3D OR 4K . 

I am Familiar with Just Add Power, Atlona and ShinyBow....

Any advice would be appreciated 

I know I'm coming on this late...I hope I am not repeating what has already been said.

But, I use have the SR250, Marantz 7005 receiver, PS4, Samsung Blu/ray player and JVC 3X projector. I used the Atlona HDBaseT extender over Cat5e/6/7 it handles 4k, 3D pretty much whatever you need. I use it to extend from the receiver to the projector. All my components  run to my receiver the receiver switches the sources. This is a cheaper way to accomplish what you need especially if you receiver and components are in the same place and the TV/Projector is a ways away. You just need two for each receiver.  

Model Number: AT-HDRX (receiver) and Model Number: AT-HDTX (transmitter)

I hope I helped. If not you someone :)

Be well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
If you are looking for a reliable and cost effective Cat5e/6 HDMi Matrix solution I would recommend KVMSwitchTech. This Company offers a wide range of units from 8x8 to 32x32 at great prices. I have used them and the products work well.

2 hours ago, Dean Ella said:
If you are looking for a reliable and cost effective Cat5e/6 HDMi Matrix solution I would recommend KVMSwitchTech. This Company offers a wide range of units from 8x8 to 32x32 at great prices. I have used them and the products work well.

Wow on a 2 year old post? Selling much lately :rolleyes:

Archived