C4 Forums | Control4

Belkin WeMo Driver - Free

Ramorous

No disrespect - but how many of these WeMo drivers, free or otherwise are out there by now....

A few that I know of, but none of them are free. I just wanted to make one that was just that. Free. Not 50-70$ that the others offered, so I banged this out in a few hours yesterday.

I just want to make sure we're on the same page. Even if you set the port in the properties to what it initially is, it can change if your router were to reboot or you decide to move the WeMo to another outlet. You need to be able to detect that change.

For example, I just pulled my WeMo out of the wall when it was port 49154. When I plugged it back in it had a new port of 49153.

if you're doing this I apologize, but I'd rather save you the hassle of people complaining it doesn't work after a while.

I just want to make sure we're on the same page. Even if you set the port in the properties to what it initially is, it can change if your router were to reboot or you decide to move the WeMo to another outlet. You need to be able to detect that change.

For example, I just pulled my WeMo out of the wall when it was port 49154. When I plugged it back in it had a new port of 49153.

if you're doing this I apologize, but I'd rather save you the hassle of people complaining it doesn't work after a while.

No, not doing that yet. The IP and Port must be defined for it to work at the moment. I've just created a Multicast function which can find the WeMo now (C4 Built-In DLNA doesn't find it) now I just need to parse it and extract the port/ip. That's will be in V2 in a few days when the baby isn't sick anymore and my wife doesn't kill me for being on my laptop too much.

• 7 months later...

Hi Ramorous. One more question - Can you tell me if it's possible to get the WeMo device to be treated as a light switch in Composer / MyHome? I managed to get this running fairly easily can can turn the WeMo on/off via composer but can't get the device to appear in the MyHome app.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Just installed this and ran into the same problem with being unable to move it into the Lighting Experience Button due to it being down as a relay. I did email the chap who got back to me but basically said that it had to be run as a relay, I replied but not heard back yet.

15 hours ago, Thepritch88 said:

i think there’s a driver out there that binds to a relay and shows up as a light. Google control4 relay to light driver 

That is one of ours.  Though if you’re going to pay for that then you’re better off just buying our belkin Wemo driver which allows for proper support of lighting (inclusive of dimmers) and has instantaneous two way feedback, energy management and more.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/belkin-wemo

• 4 weeks later...

trying to use a wemo switch to control a desk lamp.  when i bind the driver in composer, I can only bind it to a device with a relay i.e a pond pump.  doing so, I cant get it to show in the lights section in composer.    any generic light driver that I can bind this to?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, alanchow said:

That is one of ours.  Though if you’re going to pay for that then you’re better off just buying our belkin Wemo driver which allows for proper support of lighting (inclusive of dimmers) and has instantaneous two way feedback, energy management and more.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/belkin-wemo

Highly recommend this if you use WeMo devices.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.