C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Generic Security System Driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p

Chowmain - Generic Security System Driver

Control4 provides integration for 3rd party security systems. Unfortunately the integration is limited to select few panels. To combat this and provide integration for many more panels Chowmain has developed the generic security system driver. This driver utilizes low level relays and contacts to control and get feedback from a security panel. It also features a virtual keypad with definable security code for arm and disarm functionality from the Control4 user interface. Note that a security system installer is required to reconfigure the security panel.

Features

• Feedback via contact closure
    • Armed/Disarmed Feedback Contact (Closed armed/Opened disarmed)
    • Alarm Trigger Contact (Pulsed when alarm triggered)
  • Optional Fake Feedback
    • Armed/Disarmed fake feedback upon virtual keypad arm/disarm.
    • Used for showrooms with no security system installed for dealer demo purposes.
  • Control via relay output
    • Arm Trigger Relay (Pulsed to arm)
    • Disarm Trigger Relay (Pulsed to disarm)
  • Virtual Keypad
    • Definable security code in properties
  • Events
    • Armed to Home / Away (Both are the same)
    • Disarmed
    • Enters Alarm State
    • Invalid Code Entered
    • Help Pressed
    • 3 x Function Buttons

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm a consumer.  What benefits are there in integrating my security system?

Your existing security system becomes a smart security system which will enable functionality such as:

• Triggering a whole house off (ie lights, audio/visual, shutters, blinds, hvac all off) when you leave and arm your home.
  • Triggering a welcome home event when you come home (eg lights on if its dark, shutters/blinds opening if its during the day or even your favourite play list).
  • Notifying you if your alarm goes off via email or push notification (requires 3rd party driver and/or 4sight)

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?

• Customer has a security system which has not been integrated via a high level interface (RS232, TCP/IP) into Control4.
  • Customer has a low level security system with no high level interface.

Are there any other cool things we can do with this driver?

• Dealer does not have a security system and wants to show how automated tasks could trigger upon arm or disarm of a security system.
  • Customer does not have a security system but wants a holiday mode to be activated whilst away (note this is no replacement for a real security system).

What hardware will this work on?
Pretty much any Control4 system (HC200,250,300,500,800,1000)

How do I find out more information about the driver?
Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

Download Product Information Sheet

Download Installation Guide

How do I buy the driver?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary. 

generic%20security.png

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Have had a few feature requests from various dealers.  These have now been implemented.  See below for details.

UPDATE

• Multiple User Codes.
  • Last User variable for programming

example

When Security System is Armed

If LAST_USER == 1 then

If LAST_USER == 2 then

If LAST_USER == 3 then

If LAST_USER == 4 then

• Display Text variable to change the virtual keypad display
  • Programmable Arm, Disarm & Alarm actions.

• 5 months later...

I know u dont support,but can u help with the old one,if its ok i will upgrade to 2.6.pls help me.Many Many thanks

You can still get the old version from the extra vegetables store until the 31st Dec 2014 (that is when they close down).  After that it will no longer be available.

Im in contact with houselogix but they said is not available.Could u send them i can take from them

As mentioned the 2.5.3 driver will be available from Extra Vegetables until the 31st of Dec.  After that date you will no longer be able to purchase the 2.5.3 driver.

http://www.extravegetables.com/products/generic-security-system-chowmain-ltd

Alan,pls provide me one old trial.Thanks

Trials are done using the extra vegetables trial system for that version of the driver.  See the extra vegetables site for details.

Sorry but i dont have EV account and thats why im asking your help.

You will need to sign up (i assume you're a control4 dealer).  Regardless you will need to purchase the licence from EV in order to use the 2.5.3 version within then ext few days if you choose to go down that route.

If not then you will need to upgrade to 2.6 and use the current version via Houselogix.

Archived