C4 Forums | Control4

I have a Yale real living zigbee lock working with my Control 4 system.  The only way currently I can add users is to use my control 4 in touch wall panel.  I really want to be able to use my iPhone to add users when the need to be let in when I am away remotely.  The Yale app does not currently show up when using the iOS app.  Is there a way around this?  I don't see any Yale app to allow for access remotely either with zigbee.

Thanks for any input.

Can you elaborate on the lock relay and how to bind it to the Yale?

If I had not been using C4 and used the z-wave version of this lock, would I have been able to use an app with my phone to be able to access the lock codes and time schedule?  I understand with that method I would still need to use something like micasa verde or something to that effect.  Does yale offer something on the side to use with their locks?

You have options. 

One, like mentioned before just open the door for them remotely. If they call for a code they can call and say open up.

Two, You can create codes from the lock itself by putting in the master code, then follow the prompts to add user.

Three, Use My-home and there is an app for that

Four, Use on screen navigator to enter the info, you can also pull logs from there if you want.

Five, Pull out the lock and send it to me, Ill use it if you don't like it!!!

Thanks for all the input/comments.

The lock manager app only works from the control 4 touch screen.  It doesn't work online or from the iOS app.  Therefore I have no way of opening the lock remotely. This is my problem.

I am not familiar with my-home but will see if I can find out more about this..

I see my home is just iOS app for C4. Again, the yale lock doesn't show up in the app here or remotely. Only on the C4 touchscreen.

If it didn't show up, it isn't setup correctly. It should show up sensors/relays as a picture of a lock. When you touch that loch the color should change and the lock should lock/unlock. The color change reflects the locks status. Done.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Archived