C4 Forums | Control4

Motion sensors on a Vista 20p panel

TEKSTEIN

put in the zones on drivers properties page

then add generic drivers for what you want...doors, motions..etc.....

then bind them to the appropriate zones on the security system page in connections

you will need pro for this if your dealer did not set this up

• 2 years later...
hmmm, I appreciate your help

i'll have to look at that a little deeper. the only way i can see to do that is manually by-passing the zone each time I arm the system. that would be to many keystrokes for the wife factor ..lol

Yeah. That's not the right way. There is a way in panel programming to have it auto bypass that zone

Sent from my Nexus+6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 6:39 PM, ironleg2112 said:

Maybe if I program the motion for Partition 2? I don't see a down side. I'll have to try it out.

You have to set up a second partition. That's how I have it set up.

00 and 12 don't work, it needs to be interior follower (04).  When the system is armed, if the motion detector is not needed (ie stay mode or bypass) it shuts off.  So it will not detect motion.  Change the P to 2 in field 56 and then bind your motion detector to zone 2 in c4.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 4:41 AM, abovedeck said:

You have to set up a second partition. That's how I have it set up.

00 and 12 don't work, it needs to be interior follower (04).  When the system is armed, if the motion detector is not needed (ie stay mode or bypass) it shuts off.  So it will not detect motion.  Change the P to 2 in field 56 and then bind your motion detector to zone 2 in c4.

Thanks, I will Try this out..

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2017 at 8:27 PM, ironleg2112 said:

hmmm, I appreciate your help

i'll have to look at that a little deeper. the only way i can see to do that is manually by-passing the zone each time I arm the system. that would be to many keystrokes for the wife factor ..lol

I have a Vista 21iP and there are zones that can be setup as non-alarm tripping devices.  I have to backyard fence gates that have outdoor wireless sensors on them and I have them added to the panel but they are not monitored for alarm purposes.  I just use them in my C4 system to trip Blue Iris camera's

Archived