C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Programming etc for you DIY Guys

AK1

There's been quite a bit of frustration expressed in this thread about getting programming done in a timely manner so i thought I would post about the remote stuff we have been doing for some time.

Through our company Coolabode, my partner Dave and I operate two C4 dealerships in Vancouver area, Canada and Melbourne, Australia. From my Vancouver location, I have worked for a number of forum members here doing remote programming in US, Canada, England and even more exotic locales such as Belize doing driver installs, problem solving and other bits and pieces. With my partner Dave Goralski in Melbourne, Australia, we have the experience to get things done quickly. We enjoy working with DIY guys. If we can be of assistance, please PM or email info@coolabode.com. We pretty much have 24x7 coverage of this email. 

Best,

Andrzej Kowalski

Hello All C4 members,

I purchased my entire system from Andrzej and Dave and they've been great from day one. Dave being all the way from Australia was unbelievable in troubleshooting any issues we had.

They both work great off each other. I would highly recommend them especially if your one of those DIY guys They've worked with me since I wanted to run all my wires and together we managed to put together an awesome system at my place. Andrzej is so hands on that he is always coming up with new ideas to make my system perform much better.

A business transaction with these guys has now become a long term friendship.!!

thanks Andrzej and Dave

A++ never had any issues with them.

Emilio

I don't know Dave, but Andrzej is a stud!  We've collaborated on things, he's sold me some equipment and drivers, and we've done some troubleshooting/brainstorming together.  He's incredibly responsive, and he knows his stuff.  I always enjoy bouncing ideas off of him, because he's always got a solution.

I would have publicly promoted him much earlier if I realized he was up for it...if you have any need for remote services, drivers, etc.... he's the guy to email.  I'm sure Dave is equally awesome.

I purchased a recluse driver from these guys and it was simple and easy! Great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also purchased this same XBMC Recluse Driver from Andrjez.  He responded to me promptly and emailed my driver within the same day.  I couldn't be happier.  We (end users) need more dealers like this who offer such services for a more than fair price.  I look forward to inquiring more services in the near future.  Thanks for being available to help.

I am new to Conrol4 but have a background in IT and basic programming. I needed remote system for a resort rental I own and manage. I also required that I be the  installer because of the remote island location. I was able to set up a lab in the US to test my system before installing it. CoolBode was able and WILLING to customize their service to met my exact needs. They provided me with informed support when I quested it but also left me to work on things at my own place...

Outstanding!

WillddBill 

Just had Dave and Andrzej help fix some programming issues I had from a prior dealer that didn't know what they were doing. It was quick, efficient and reasonable priced. Ive been using C4 in my homes from the early years and experience has been rough with too many dealers not educated on C4. They nailed it and the programming from Oz was cool as it was done in the morning when I woke up. Highly recommend and will keep using them as I finish out my system now I got some one that knows what to do.

• 1 month later...

Hello and thanks for the kind words, Dave and I really enjoy the remote integration work. 

I also want to offer a thanks to nhmalik whom we did some work for and who was able to give me a solution to a Hunter Douglas Platinum Pro shades integration problem that had me stumped for some time. 

• 4 months later...

I have just had the pleasure of dealing with Andrzej on a driver purchase and I just wanted to let everyone know it was a excellent and smooth transaction. He is very professional and knowledgeable and great to do business with, I look forward to my future dealings with him.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Huge shout out to AK1. Pinged him on a Sunday morning about a problem I was having getting my movies to play, and he jumped right on it in about 2 minutes. He remoted in and was able to get to the bottom of things and get it back up and running quickly. While he was at it, he made a few changes to my DNS settings and boosted my home internet speed substantially! Andre (AK1) is the man! If you need anything done, he's your guy.

• 3 months later...

I just had a great experience with the C4 remote programming services offered by the guys at Coolabode. Andrzej solved my issue quickly and was very nice to work with. I have several other issues I am in the process of documenting and look forward to using them again very soon. I am very thankful to have found them!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys/Gals look no further Coolabode is a dream come true. I consider myself a very technical guy so I purchased my C4 system for my new home and installed all of my devices (ex. controller, io extender, C4 4 zone amp, cameras, touch pads, alarm integration, Binary Video matrix, light switches, and a list of input components. I originally had another C4 installer assisting me with my initial setup but it was a very painful and slow process. I decided enough was enough and joined the C4 forum and searched for Remote Programmers and I was directed to this thread. I read the comments and reviews about Andrzej and his company so I fired off an email and surprisingly within a couple of hours I received a response. We exchanged a few emails discussing the scope of work and him taking the time to really understand my setup and what my programming needs were. Within the following 24 hours he was fast at work resolving issues with my system and also offering his professional opinion on what are some best practices for moving forward. His pricing is extremely fair especially for his skillset and the after hours that he puts in to complete your project. Andrzej, created custom drivers for a couple of pieces of equipment that were not in the C4 database, converted my Apple TV & Amazon Fire TV from IR to IP controls and was also able to connect my Sony Bravia TV via IP which was a pleasant surprise. Hands down this is the company that you want working on your system his professionalism, patience, and demeanor are priceless! I wont allow another person to touch my system moving forward so as my system grows I will keep Andrzej and Coolabode on speed dial! He is "The C4 Man"!!!

That's what us dealers are for, glad you're having good experiences. I'm new to this forum, but not new to C4 by any means. Based in London, so maybe easier speak on the phone for anyone UK or Europe based regarding time zones. Great testimonial, we all love it when a client is truly happy enough to shout about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex - if most of us users here were happy with our dealers, we probably wouldn't be here.  I only looked for and found this site after my dealer didn't have an answer to what I thought was a simple question ...

Back on point - I have used Coolabode in the past and they were terrific.  I'd recommend them to anyone without hesitation.  Thank goodness there are some great dealers on this site willing and able to do remote work.

• 3 months later...

Another vote for Andrzej.  Just all around excellent customer service.  Very responsive remote programing, and has been quite helpful offering suggestions as to what to do/not do, etc.  This should of course be part of the process for any local dealer, but not all of us are lucky to have such dedicated ones available.

• 6 months later...

I have used several of the remote integrators  recommended on this board and all have been good, but in my experience, Andrzej's responsiveness and proactive support cannot be beat!  I cannot recommend him strongly enough.  He's worked tirelessly to help resolve mundane system issues as well as doing research to creatively develop solutions to more complex things I've thrown at him.  He is so detailed in his approach that it always seems like he has a vested interest in making our C4 system the best it can be.  I couldn't ask for anything more in a support partner.  

I read this thread the other day and contacted Andrzej about installing the AppleTV IP Driver. He responded quickly on the weekend and did the install right away once I installed the new AppleTV. This would have been such a painful process to go through with my local Los Angeles dealer even though I paid over $40k for my install including all wiring and equipment. Very happy to have Coolabode available to keep my up to date.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.