C4 Forums | Control4

EDS Chamberlain Liftmaster MyQ Garage Door Driver

Hey folks.  I have posted v1.2 of the driver.  The list of bug fixes, changes and enhancements is below.  I did decide to add back the need for a license key.  I've spent a lot of time on this and want to continue to improve upon it.  The light driver is almost complete, but my MyQ light device died so need to get a replacement for testing.

v1.2 is attached to post #1 of this thread and also in the downloads section.  In addition, a license key good through the end of June 2014 is posted below.  If you would like to inquire on purchasing, please PM me or e-mail me at eric@ericscales.com.

License Key (good through end of June 2014): 44615636ae5257f61566e1bb967179e2bafc1860

• Controller Driver v1.2
    • Fixed some error handling logic
    • Fixed a bug that would cause old bindings to hang around if a device was removed
    • Fixed a bug that would not refresh device data if bindings had already been created and the controller was rebooted
    • Modified behavior of polling if no devices are present
    • Removed the lua action to generate bindings and replaced with a function to reset bindings.  All bindings will be cleared and refreshed now
    • Added a lua action to refresh the MyQ profile
    • Added more detail to driver status
    • Added functionality to periodically refresh the security token
    • Added properties to display the last token refresh and last poll
    • Added a command to refresh the security token
    • Added events for polling enabled and disabled
    • Added functionality to return the last state change time to MyQ device drivers
    • Added functionality to control MyQ light devices
    • Added back the need for a license key
    • Added logic to detect a device removal and handle appropriately
    • Modified behavior so that the password is never output even if full debugging is enabled
  • Garage Door Opener Driver v1.2
    • Fixed issues with button LED colors
    • Fixed issues with relay states not properly updating
    • Added a variable to store the number of minutes since the last state change
    • Added the date/time of the last state change to the Properties interface
    • Changed the name of the DoorState variable to DOOR_STATE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No prob.  I sent you a PM.  Glad to hear it's working out for you. 

Now, if I could just get this heap of plastic MyQ outlet light to work (the damn thing refuses to even power on manually today), the whole world would be a better place.  But for the fact that it's a logical driver addition, I'd refuse to support it to encourage folks not to buy the light devices.  But what can ya do... :-)

Added v1.3 which adds the light capability (full changelog below).  See post #1 or the downloads section for the latest release.  Please note, the trial key has changed.  It is: 4d12ecc70cbc209e063e62a428647d2b3e5b6de0

Controller:
* Added the following new events: InvalidUsernameOrPassword, UserLockedOut
* Added a number of improvements to error handling and notification
* Fixed error where the driver would classify a light binding as a garage door binding upon a restart of the director
    NOTE: If you have lights showing up as a "GD_OPENER", please reset the bindings (in the Actions tab) and reconnect the bindings

Garage Door Opener:
* Added additional code update relay states on Navigator
* Added a contact input if you wish to have the door status updated via a physical contact (NOTE: If a contact input is bound, all status updates from the MyQ service will be ignored)
* Added an action and command for toggling the door

MyQ Light:
* Initial release

Setting this up for a client now. Installed Controller and Door Opener drivers on 2.5.3, made connections. Successfully connected driver to MyQ - status is "Monitoring MyQ System".  Garage Door Opener driver reports state "Closed." Then successfully open door from C4 but then driver status is "Not Reporting" and door will not close. MyQ app shows door as open.

Setting this up for a client now. Installed Controller and Door Opener drivers on 2.5.3, made connections. Successfully connected driver to MyQ - status is "Monitoring MyQ System".  Garage Door Opener driver reports state "Closed." Then successfully open door from C4 but then driver status is "Not Reporting" and door will not close. MyQ app shows door as open.

What type of opener is it?  It wouldn't happen to be a MyQ Garage kit would it?  I'll investigate tonight.  Thanks for the info.

I think I figured it out.  I'm guessing your client is using the MyQ Garage Door kit with the virtual garage door openers.  I just realized I was interpreting the closed value for those incorrectly.  Shoot me an e-mail at eric@ericscales.com and I'll get you an update to try out that fixes this bug.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually could have used this two years ago - however since it requires the gateway which is a subscription and yet another possible attack vector into the house (somehow) - I just went simple -

You open up the door buttons, solder two leads onto the switch, and run them to the dry close terminals of the IO controller on C4.

Then add your own mag closure sensors on the doors.

Done

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the HouseLogix driver installed, but this seems to have a little more functionality.

I presume it should be trivial for my dealer to remove the HouseLogix driver and replace it with this one? Two garage doors and two lights shouldn't take that long to set up, right?

Annoyed at myself because I didn't know about this driver before I bought the other one, but such is life.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived