C4 Forums | Control4

EDS Chamberlain Liftmaster MyQ Garage Door Driver

• 1 month later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm finding since updating to 2.8.1 or at least that's when I noticed that I've had to Refresh the Token several times.  So... First is their a possible issue with this driver and 2.8.1? Has anyone set up programing to automatically refresh the token every so often?

Just curious, really love this driver its been rock solid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you so much for providing free software, it is working great for me.  There is just one small issue.  The navigators don't seem to be registering door state changes.  I have polling enabled in the driver and if I look at the driver properties I see that it is correctly registering open and close events and always has the right state.  However my iPhone app and my touchscreen think the door is always open.  This is especially confusing because the navigators do indeed note the time of state changes.  So if I close my garage door the phone correctly prints the time of the door closing but still says "Open"

Has anyone else had this problem?  I have already rebooted the controller as well as the phone.  I am on 2.8.2

I've had a similar problem over the last couple months but what I notice is that instead of an open and close events I'll get two closes.  But the bugs weren't consistent enough to program around.  

I disabled polling and have gone back to using the Houselogic driver.  

I dont know know what happened to make it go wonky, but I have some key programming that relies on knowing the proper state of a particular garage door.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/22/2016 at 10:14 PM, drousso said:

Stumbled across this driver.  Really good.  thank you.  I noticed that it won't display in a navigator, is that by design?  

Yup, its probably like the MyQ driver from Houselogix in that it's a control driver. You need to bind it to the generic garage door contact/relay combo driver to get the garage door control and status to show up in navigators.

7 hours ago, thecodeman said:

Yup, its probably like the MyQ driver from Houselogix in that it's a control driver. You need to bind it to the generic garage door contact/relay combo driver to get the garage door control and status to show up in navigators.

Not sure about that... since the EDS driver is actually three drivers in the ZIP file:

dw_chamberlain_myq_controller  (the controller over course, :grin)

dw_chamberlain_myq_garagedoor_opener (this gets bound to the controller)

dw_chamberlain_myq_light (not using it, dont have MyQ lights, though I wonder if this driver will turn on/off the built in chamberlain light similar to pushing the light button on the garage remote)

I can add the generic and bind it to the dw_chamberlain_myq_controller and your right, that does allow visibility in the navigator... but then what is dw_chamberlain_myq_garagedoor_opener for?

Also wondering how to use polling to detect that the garage gas been opened so I can add programming to turn on some interior lights.  

Hoping he will.  The Event statements are a bit odd in these driver.  For example, the events for the EDS myQ Garage Door Opener are:

Garage Door Opened / Garage Door Closed / Battery Low

So a resulting Event Statement is "The Garage Door Was Opened"...

I'll play around.  I want the programming I make to kick off when we pull up in the car and press the homelink button on our car's review mirror (wont be using a control4 interface at this point yet, just pulling into the driveway), and same thing when leaving and closing the door.

I've been able to program some great stuff that only happens when its night for example, and want that macro to launch when the door opens at night for example...

• 6 months later...

Has anyone had any luck with this driver reporting back to the controller to trigger events like lights turning on?  I tried the HL driver, and this event triggering works if you open the door from the C4 app, but not if opening the door from the Lift master keypad or opener. 

I have not downloaded this driver yet, just wondering if anyone knows before I do. 

Archived