C4 Forums | Control4

A good RGB LED Control solution for Control4 is there

37 minutes ago, malelan said:

What kind of serial cable do I need for the engineering solutions box? I notice it has a female connector.

Just a standard straight male-female DB9 cable, but you need to make sure the Pin4 is removed from the Male connector, if not, just remove it with a long nose tool.

• 4 weeks later...

Been moving along on this and think I have a flexible framework that I can expand on. Looking to pick up some RGB spotlights or wall washers to color my house for the holiday. Cam you recommend a light/enclosure. And give me an idea of coverage and range.

11 minutes ago, malelan said:

Been moving along on this and think I have a flexible framework that I can expand on. Looking to pick up some RGB spotlights or wall washers to color my house for the holiday. Cam you recommend a light/enclosure. And give me an idea of coverage and range.

I think the best for temporary holidays lights would be Wireless DMX WallWasher. It's simple to install as to plug it into an outlet and that's it... Teamed with our Control4 solution, it can do nice Holidays color effects.

I replaced all my current landscape lighting with RGBW wall washers (from Jackstone of course) and I don't have to switch anything when I do holiday lights (xmas, halloween, 4th of july, etc)  I just set them to WW when its a normal day.

Cam you link the product you used?

The Wireless Wall Washer we sell the most often look like this one (see picture). It's IP67 and is fine running outdoor.

It has built-in wireless DMX but support also wired DMX either as input or output. So you can buy one wireless washer and daisy chain other wired DMX lights via the output cable, or use all wireless washer around the house and they will all communicate with the main DMX Engine wirelessly using a cheap dongle.

Image1.jpg

The Wireless Wall Washer we sell the most often look like this one (see picture). It's IP67 and is fine running outdoor.

It has built-in wireless DMX but support also wired DMX either as input or output. So you can buy one wireless washer and daisy chain other wired DMX lights via the output cable, or use all wireless washer around the house and they will all communicate with the main DMX Engine wirelessly using a cheap dongle.

Image1.jpg

How much do you sell that for? That's probably overkill for me. And maybe I just need a few wired spots.

Those washer are available in different length, but you can also use some wireless decoders and use any LEDs connected to it. There is tons of flavors of those wireless decoder and I think some can be used outdoor. The one we sell are indoor model and they do not cost that much,,,

jackstone - I had to redo my theater due to a poop flood and I'm adding yet another controller to to the project and I have a question.  The first one is set to DIP switches 1,2,3, the second set to 4,5,6 and the third is 7,8,9.  How do I add a 4th for 10,11,12?  I looked at ths DIP switch settings on this thread, but wasn't sure since I found so many different settings.

Still loving my Domaudeo RGB lighting control since the Beta.  Great work!

Mark

37 minutes ago, Mark LaBelle said:

jackstone - I had to redo my theater due to a poop flood and I'm adding yet another controller to to the project and I have a question.  The first one is set to DIP switches 1,2,3, the second set to 4,5,6 and the third is 7,8,9.  How do I add a 4th for 10,11,12?  I looked at ths DIP switch settings on this thread, but wasn't sure since I found so many different settings.

Still loving my Domaudeo RGB lighting control since the Beta.  Great work!

Mark

The next decoder can be set to any channels you want, just make sure to set the Control4 driver accordingly. But yes, using the following channel 10,11,12 make sense and it'll work. Don't forget to upgrade your DMX Engine to the latest firmware to get an upgraded fade engine, even smoother than before.

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎10 at 3:17 AM, talwell said:

Has anyone created a circadian rhythm for RGBI?  We are running Ketra G2 linears with an N3 controller sending DMX via Enttec.  We have the N3 controllers running an 8bit RGBI profile using the Control4 RGB & DMX Dimmer drivers.

Not sure what you're trying to do...

1 hour ago, jackstone said:

The next decoder can be set to any channels you want, just make sure to set the Control4 driver accordingly. But yes, using the following channel 10,11,12 make sense and it'll work. Don't forget to upgrade your DMX Engine to the latest firmware to get an upgraded fade engine, even smoother than before.

What do I set the dip switch settings to?  How do I create a 10, 11, 12 when there is only 1-10.  :-)

Jackstone, I just got the firmware update from John Chapman and he gave me 5.04.  As soon as I upgraded the firmware, I now can't seem to find out what the issue is, but could the firmware upgrade have screwed something up?  I noticed the last release you talk about is 4.85.  FYI, if you remember, I'm using the GC itach IP2SL and I know you said there were issues at one point with using this setup.  Any thoughts?

FYI, firmware version 5.04 for the Decabox from John is not working with the current 1.5.9 driver.  You can't connect to the Decabox.  We changed the baud settings and it still didn't work.  John is going to contact you Jackstone to discuss.  We rolled back to 4.085 and it worked perfectly.  Would really like to take advantage of the updated firmware for fades, etc.  Keep me posted.

38 minutes ago, Mark LaBelle said:

FYI, firmware version 5.04 for the Decabox from John is not working with the current 1.5.9 driver.  You can't connect to the Decabox.  We changed the baud settings and it still didn't work.  John is going to contact you Jackstone to discuss.  We rolled back to 4.085 and it worked perfectly.  Would really like to take advantage of the updated firmware for fades, etc.  Keep me posted.

Odd... I have tried the 1.5.9 driver with the new firmware and it worked, I am connecting my DMX Engine through a generic serial-to-IP device. This is true the baudrate changed for the future 2.0 driver but this is only applicable to NEWLY bought Engines, older are still running at 9600bps (but can be set to 115200). The firmware is not supposed to change baudrate. BTW I never used the GC driver for any Serial to IP device, I only use my own driver (that is free on HL), it never disconnect and run rock solid, compatible with many serial-to-ip device as well as the GC device.

To isolate the issue, you can try moving your DMX Engine near the controller for a test, and connect it to the serial port of the controller.

47 minutes ago, jackstone said:

Odd... I have tried the 1.5.9 driver with the new firmware and it worked, I am connecting my DMX Engine through a generic serial-to-IP device. This is true the baudrate changed for the future 2.0 driver but this is only applicable to NEWLY bought Engines, older are still running at 9600bps (but can be set to 115200). The firmware is not supposed to change baudrate. BTW I never used the GC driver for any Serial to IP device, I only use my own driver (that is free on HL), it never disconnect and run rock solid, compatible with many serial-to-ip device as well as the GC device.

To isolate the issue, you can try moving your DMX Engine near the controller for a test, and connect it to the serial port of the controller.

The Decbox is on top of the controller, so I'll disconnect the other serial ports (PJ and Pre/Pro) and try one of those and upgrade the firmware again later tonight.  Did you see my note on the LIght to Sound?  What cable are you using and how did you hook it up to the controller?  I read the manual, but it wasn't clear enough for me.  :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.