C4 Forums | Control4

A good RGB LED Control solution for Control4 is there

I've tried many Sound-to-Light settings and what work best is:

- C4 Audio Matrix v3 (not the older)

- Dedicate a matrix output for the Sound-to-Light, use stripped RCA cable to connect the a Controller contact input (not a Card Access).

- Bind the STL zone to a virtual room in the project

- Play music in a room, add this virtual room to the music

- Adjust the volume of the STL zone, crank the Bass to the max and Treble to the min

- Do some programming to have the virtual room to be joined automatically to your main room whenever you activate STL.

We are trying to simplify this a bit with the upcoming DMX driver, we will also offer a new way to do effects from music beat, this will allow the use of multiple effects, not just a single one.

1 hour ago, cybuch said:

@jackstone have you developed an E1.31 lighting driver or plan to, since you did one for LOR?  

I did not know about this one, but it seems somehow pretty similar to LOR, and not so hard to integrate... Yes, writing a driver for this is something feasible. I don't know how it perform though but LOR is a rock solid performer even when used through Control4, impressive system for the price.

If someone is interested to have a driver for E1.31 please let us know, I may work on that next year if there is some interest...

• 2 weeks later...

Needed to copy/paste the URL and not it worked.

Nice spot... I never seen something like this until now. Unfortunately we don't provide that kind of product, but the company of the website where the photo come from (Clarolux) is not able to sell the product?

What type of light output are you looking for? RGB, White?

I haven't seen anything like those in RGB, in case you are wondering.  That spot looks like a standard landscape or path lighting fixture with a moveable hood for, my guess is, beam control on the spot.

I've been using these guys for my outdoor spots with a little custom work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3UHFMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What type of light output are you looking for? RGB, White?

I haven't seen anything like those in RGB, in case you are wondering.  That spot looks like a standard landscape or path lighting fixture with a moveable hood for, my guess is, beam control on the spot.

I've been using these guys for my outdoor spots with a little custom work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3UHFMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rgbw or RGB would be fine. The light you linked looks like it could work. Not sure if it's bright enough though.

They've been plenty bright enough for me and my applications.  Basically using them as pathway lights all around  and wall washers in the backyard.

For as cheap as they are, buy and try.  That's what I did.  If you don't like it, Amazon takes returns pretty easily.

37 minutes ago, bk said:

Hi jackstone

Do you have an expected release date on your driver update?

Maybe a month or two... This project was supposed to be just a quick update over the original code to add some features and optimize the algorithm, but it became a monster with a complete redo of the code and lot of added features.

Hi jackstone,

I have now setup and using the effect switch function. What i am finding is that some colours (shades) flick quickly to the next. Red, Orange, Yellow are some, then others Blue stay for an extended time.

Settings are fade over 5 seconds, hold for 1000ms, Rainbow, ranged colour loop.

Is this perhaps a decoder related situation?

My goal would be for each shade to stay for a few seconds, or would i best acheive this in programming?

2 hours ago, bk said:

Hi jackstone,

I have now setup and using the effect switch function. What i am finding is that some colours (shades) flick quickly to the next. Red, Orange, Yellow are some, then others Blue stay for an extended time.

Settings are fade over 5 seconds, hold for 1000ms, Rainbow, ranged colour loop.

Is this perhaps a decoder related situation?

My goal would be for each shade to stay for a few seconds, or would i best acheive this in programming?

You will need to give me more details to help me helps you... Like posting a screen shot of you Effect Switch properties page and describe you light setup a bit...

The "Wi-Fi" part does not inspire me a lot... Can you try by connecting the LED to a wired decoder without any "Wi-Fi" extender?

By "3 LEDs" you mean a single RGB LED?

Can you try controlling those LED using a single RGB dimmer, just to make sure they react correctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.