C4 Forums | Control4

A good RGB LED Control solution for Control4 is there

3 hours ago, C4 User said:

Can anyone point me to a nice RGBW fixture replacement for standard 6” can light fixtures?  Thank you in advance.

When I looked for the same with DMX control I found Coloronix.

http://www.coloronix.com/1/product/sr6led21-6-rgbw-downlight/

Those are the whole fixture. I don't own them or have any experience with them. I'm still undecided on the cans I have. Its entirely possible that I will fill the holes and go with a more modern smaller fixture.

10 hours ago, Pounce said:

Those are the whole fixture. I don't own them or have any experience with them. I'm still undecided on the cans I have. Its entirely possible that I will fill the holes and go with a more modern smaller fixture.

Pounce, thank you very much.  I will take a look at these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mi-Light-8W-E27-E26-B22-DMX512.jpg

Just finished some testing with the new Mi-Light wireless RGBW+CCT DMX bulb

http://agouk.com/index.php/milight-lights/milight-dmx-products/mi-light-futd04-9w-dmx512-rgb-cct-led-light-bulb-e27.html

Using only Control4 as control system.

First impression are OK... the bulb react well, it is a true RGB + Cool White + Warm White, all 100% controllable within control4 using the actual DMX driver.

This can be a cost effective retrofit alternative for someone wanting colored lights without running wire for LED strips.

But there is some negative stuff I've found:

The bulb does reset to a default "Color Changing" mode when it gets out of power (your turn off the wall switch). And it need to receive a command from the DMX system to get back to it's last color, so it mean the Mi-Light DMX "dongle" does only translate DMX command to Wireless Mi-Light command with no refresh.

It take some time to "boot" (about 1sec) each time we turn on the switch, so it can't be use for a true replacement of traditional bulb without making sure the wall switch will be either replaced or bypassed, not to mention to other point about the default "color changing" mode on power on...

The pairing mechanism is a bit weird... with 16 "zones" per dongle and some grouping feature that can be useful to insure multiple bulbs to react perfectly synchronous, other than that, would be nice to talk to the bulb directly using DMX and do all using scenes in C4...

It is not so bright... about the equivalent to a 30w incandescent, so can't be use for a true replacement of functional white light and can't compete with most white LED bulb on the market. Use it for a party room with no need for powerful light.

Did not tried a number of bulb in a scene, but will not test because I am not enough impress buy the overall product.

Anyway... even with that said, it is still a wireless DMX bulb that cost only $17 and work with C4!!! Can't expect too much for this price, and yes, it work, so you're to decide if you can live with some drawback.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:52 PM, Pounce said:

I have 5 of these in my apartment (well a similar one), they are very well made. 

On 6/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, lippavisual said:

Big buckos for those.  Be prepared for sticker shock!!

Yips

22 hours ago, blackfiveo1 said:

I am running Driver Version 2.02 but the Status shows as Incompatible Firemware v5.061

Everything seems to be working ok. What should my course of action be?

It need at least 5.071 for 2.02 to work, The bundled firmware is 5.072 and this is the one tested when the driver was release, we recommend using 5.072.

Upgrading firmware is easy but need a computer with serial port (or USB to serial). Use the upgrade utility bundled with the driver download package from Houselogix and you'll good to go.

• 1 month later...

We just released an update to our DMX Driver suite, this is mainly a maintenance release that address some bugs that were present in the last version.

So v.2.13 fixe those issues:

- Dimmer and RGB dimmer does not change on/off click rate

- LIGHT_LEVEL_WITH_RAMP does not work on Group Dimmer

- The Color Wheel always appear a bit out of bound on T3 touch screen until the aspect ratio is set to full from the camera interface.

Color Wheel now appear full screen and fits entirely on the screen without any adjustment.

Also we added a new feature that may help people who, like me, install a lot of large DMX system and sometime lose track of witch channels are used and what device is on a particular channel. Now you can output a "report" of all DMX channel usage in a project, with a formatted view that shows the channel number, name and type of load configured, all this information can be easily copy/paste into Word, printed and left in the room to help any people trying to service a DMX system.

The updated driver in online now at Houselogix.

• 5 months later...

For those using this DMX solution, take a look at the latest update now available at Houselogix. The version 2.2.0 is basically a major maintenance version that does not add any new feature but address every single issue reported or discovered over time. It also brings a lot of effort to keep your DMX Light status in sync (despite DMX is an unidirectional protocol), so any of your Group Dimmers or ColorChanger will remain at the right status even if you play with the lights using another dimmer. It also fixe once and for all the Scene Tracking issue that was there since the beginning, now your Advanced Lightning scene will become "Active" even with tons of DMX lights in it. Oh, and the ColorPicker aspect ratio is now fixed for full screen view on T3, no more overscan border.. and lastly the ColorPicker will look a lot nicer on iOS device.

This is not a mandatory update, but if you've experienced the scene activation issue, definitively go ahead and update.

Also included a Quickstart guide since many people are just getting into DMX with zero to no knowledge, so this may help to get your system to work.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, jackstone said:

For those using this DMX solution, take a look at the latest update now available at Houselogix. 

Good update - just got this installed and all is working well.

Where are you moving your drivers to now with the Houselogix shutdown?

• 1 month later...

I see that response-box has the Ethernet DMX engine on their web-page, but I don't see any comments about folks buying or using it.  I don't want to be the first one to buy the ethernet version, but then again, I don't really want to be the last one to buy the old version.  Any info?

Can anyone confirm the Domaudeo driver will work with the new box?  

I have all the other parts - just need to get the engine.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, Haveitall said:

I see that response-box has the Ethernet DMX engine on their web-page, but I don't see any comments about folks buying or using it.  I don't want to be the first one to buy the ethernet version, but then again, I don't really want to be the last one to buy the old version.  Any info?

Can anyone confirm the Domaudeo driver will work with the new box?  

I have all the other parts - just need to get the engine.

Don't mix the EtherCon DMX Engine and the Ethernet DMX Engine... from what I see on the ES website, the Ethernet Engine is only available in preorder, but the RS-232 DMX Engine WITH Ethernet connector (EtherCon) is available since a while. It's basically the same RS-232 Engine with the XLR connector swapper for an RJ45 connector. This EtherCon RS-232 DMX engine work perfect with our driver, and this the one I sell everday, much easier to work with than the older XLR version.

1 hour ago, Haveitall said:

Ok.  Thanks for the info.  Sounds like I should stick with the 'old' (RS-232) version.

[with my luck … I fully expect c4 to drop support for RS-232 tomorrow.]

What??? RS-232 support exist since forever and they will never drop this since there is way too much device that is controlled via RS-232. As for the DMX Driver, is will stay compatible with the RS-232 Engine as long as the device exist and ES does not plan to stop production anytime soon. But we will for sure add the Ethernet Engine support as soon as I get my hand on preview unit.

SINCE HOUSELOGIX IS CLOSING, ADVANCED DMX DRIVER IS NOW MIGRATED TO THE BLACKWIRE WEBSTORE. GET IT AT:

https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/advanced-dmx-for-control4/

You need a dealer account to log in, pricing is the same as before and licensing is very similar.

The new version on the Blackwire marketplace is a update over the last on Houselogix and fix a bug on all group dimmer driver that failed to initialize on larger project, this is fixed in version 2.2.1 available at Blackwire marketplace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.