C4 Forums | Control4

A good RGB LED Control solution for Control4 is there

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2016 at 8:03 AM, jackstone said:

It's only binary stuff, it should be pretty easy to guess the right patern, if you've already find it, please post the correct dip switch patern to share with other users.

It should be 1,2,3,4,7

What are your thoughts on the lightorama stuff?  I have a client that wants to incorporate it into C4.  Seems very DIY, but don't know how reliable it is.

8 hours ago, cybuch said:

It should be 1,2,3,4,7

What are your thoughts on the lightorama stuff?  I have a client that wants to incorporate it into C4.  Seems very DIY, but don't know how reliable it is.

I heard of LOR one time but it was long time ago, their products look very promising for the price. Is your client in a hurry for integrating? I saw there is no c4 driver for this system right now but it should not be so hard to develop one, i could do if you want, you could get a basic control driver in a few week for your client and a fully functional version later. 

1 minute ago, jackstone said:

I heard of LOR one time but it was long time ago, their products look very promising for the price. Is your client in a hurry for integrating? I saw there is no c4 driver for this system right now but it should not be so hard to develop one, i could do if you want, you could get a basic control driver in a few week for your client and a fully functional version later. 

I appreciate the offer, but I think their product can do either LOR or DMX, if auto configs itself when booted.

1 hour ago, cybuch said:

I appreciate the offer, but I think their product can do either LOR or DMX, if auto configs itself when booted.

Seems correct.. I will order a LOR controller to try it, it's pretty cheap.

But either if they talk LOR or DMX, it would be nice to get control over it through Control4, my biggest concern is to know if they can support native light group control (translated to Scene in C4).

I will build the C4 driver anyway just for fun, I'll let you know how well and how far it can be integrated.

10 hours ago, jackstone said:

Seems correct.. I will order a LOR controller to try it, it's pretty cheap.

But either if they talk LOR or DMX, it would be nice to get control over it through Control4, my biggest concern is to know if they can support native light group control (translated to Scene in C4).

I will build the C4 driver anyway just for fun, I'll let you know how well and how far it can be integrated.

Awesome!!!

• 2 months later...

The LOR driver is almost done, it work fairly well with impressive result. The fade engine is smooth the board operate very reliably. I think we have an hidden gem for lighting control in C4 here... I will need some beta tester with large LOR setup to test the driver.

• 4 weeks later...

@jackstone is it possible to add RED/WHITE/BLUE to Random loop on the DMX effect switch?  Or add custom to random loop?  I like how I can select multiple colors and how many lights at a time.  Makes it super quick and easy!  I am really getting into programming my front landscape lighting and I am absolutely loving your drivers!! 

On September 23, 2016 at 10:32 PM, cybuch said:

@jackstone is it possible to add RED/WHITE/BLUE to Random loop on the DMX effect switch?  Or add custom to random loop?  I like how I can select multiple colors and how many lights at a time.  Makes it super quick and easy!  I am really getting into programming my front landscape lighting and I am absolutely loving your drivers!! 

The custom color setting is already available for the ranged loop and adv chase, we planned to add that to all effects in the future release in addition to the Comma Separated Random group type in the effect switch. Meanwhile you can use the "Use current colors "setting of the random loop to get the colors you want. Just manually set the ligths to the colors you want prior of turning on the effect switch, then the random loop will use the lights currently on as the reference pattern and will randomize those colors accross all the light range.

12 hours ago, jackstone said:

The custom color setting is already available for the ranged loop and adv chase, we planned to add that to all effects in the future release in addition to the Comma Separated Random group type in the effect switch. Meanwhile you can use the "Use current colors "setting of the random loop to get the colors you want. Just manually set the ligths to the colors you want prior of turning on the effect switch, then the random loop will use the lights currently on as the reference pattern and will randomize those colors accross all the light range.

Awesome!  I will give it a go!  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2016 at 11:32 PM, jackstone said:

@jackstone I can't seem to get this working correctly.  I have a advanced lighting scene and I set all 12 of the RGB LEDs to 3 different colors I want (4 each violet, orange, white).  Once they are turned on I start my DMX effect switch set to Effect: Random loop, same range of channels as the advanced lighting scene, Random Style: Multiple colors, Random Preset: Use Current Levels.  When I activate the effect, all I get is RED that is looped, no other color and RED isn't even a color I set.  I must be missing something here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, cybuch said:

@jackstone I can't seem to get this working correctly.  I have a advanced lighting scene and I set all 12 of the RGB LEDs to 3 different colors I want (4 each violet, orange, white).  Once they are turned on I start my DMX effect switch set to Effect: Random loop, same range of channels as the advanced lighting scene, Random Style: Multiple colors, Random Preset: Use Current Levels.  When I activate the effect, all I get is RED that is looped, no other color and RED isn't even a color I set.  I must be missing something here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As a test, if you manually activate the scene, wait few sec then turn on the random loop effect, is it work correctly?

Don't trigger the effect on scene "Is Invoked", try to trigger on scene "Becomes Active". Because scene does not always become active instantly even if all load are set with no fade time or delay.

If this does not work, try to add a slight delay between the scene activation and the effect trigger, just to make sure the driver's internal buffer get updated, this is needed to use the "Use Current Level" option in the Random Loop.

When you see only red, that mean the driver wasn't able to gather the light levels fast enough, so if use a default single color just to avoid the effect to do "nothing".

5 hours ago, jackstone said:

As a test, if you manually activate the scene, wait few sec then turn on the random loop effect, is it work correctly?

Don't trigger the effect on scene "Is Invoked", try to trigger on scene "Becomes Active". Because scene does not always become active instantly even if all load are set with no fade time or delay.

If this does not work, try to add a slight delay between the scene activation and the effect trigger, just to make sure the driver's internal buffer get updated, this is needed to use the "Use Current Level" option in the Random Loop.

When you see only red, that mean the driver wasn't able to gather the light levels fast enough, so if use a default single color just to avoid the effect to do "nothing".

@jackstone Its funny you say that, thats how I had it programmed.  I activate the scene and then put a 3 second pause in and then activate the DMX effect.  I added 5 seconds to it for a total of 8 and still only get RED.  I added another 5 seconds to it for a total of 13 and still only get RED.  Here is what I get in the LUA window when I activate the effect: "No color found, using default" 

Here is a screen shot of the effect driver.  I am using RGBW LEDs all in sequence.  

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 4.17.20 PM.png

Try to not use a scene to set the lights to initial state before starting the effect, just put a bunch of light "On" in a programming script to turn on the lights and then start the effect, this is the way this feature has been tested initially.

Ok, some more testing, I added all the lights to a macro and activated each channel as needed and changed the DMX buffer back to Cached, then activated the effect and its now changing colors, but only some of the colors are correct.  I also tried entering a value for each channel (minimum 1%), because some were blank, still had the same results.

I am also having an issue with all the DMX group dimmers, they doesnt work every few days and all I have to do, is change one setting in the driver and it starts working again.  I have tried deleting and re-adding the driver with the same results.  Its strange...  its a comma separated random with the following channels: 52,56,60,64,68,72,76,80,84,88,92,96 for example.

Any thoughts?  

38 minutes ago, cybuch said:

I am also having an issue with all the DMX group dimmers, they doesnt work every few days and all I have to do, is change one setting in the driver and it starts working again.  I have tried deleting and re-adding the driver with the same results.  Its strange...  its a comma separated random with the following channels: 52,56,60,64,68,72,76,80,84,88,92,96 for example.

Any thoughts?  

The CSR group input has been heavily revised with the last release of the driver few months ago, are you using the version currently on Houselogix?

if you do, that mean it may still have some minor bug gathering channels from the CSR property field... If you could give me an hint what or when the driver stop working it could help isolate the cause... Is that after a reboot or a power outtage?

Also, the next firmware for the DMX Engine will feature a new commands set to optimize the Group Dimmer. We will then release a new version of the driver that will enable those optimization and will eliminate almost every laggy control over large group of lights.

On 8/29/2016 at 10:18 AM, jackstone said:

The LOR driver is almost done, it work fairly well with impressive result. The fade engine is smooth the board operate very reliably. I think we have an hidden gem for lighting control in C4 here... I will need some beta tester with large LOR setup to test the driver.

I've got a large implementation using your standard driver and the engineering solutions box (350+ channels) and I've also got a large project that will leverage LOR and alphapix.  I'd love to help beta if you're still looking.

Shoot me a PM as I'm a developer as well.

14 hours ago, cybuch said:

@jackstone I am running version 1.5.8, I just downloaded the new version and will test. Any progress on the Effect switch?

I will do some test on the Effect Switch this weekend and try to get you a way to do what you want, but the next release of the driver will be delayed a bit because we are testing a new firmware on the DMX Engine that will bring lot of improvements, the next release of the driver will take advantage of this in addition of adding the features you requested.