C4 Forums | Control4

IP Camera Integration

• 1 month later...

I'm going to install a couple of hikvision cameras, and 2 large tvs to view them. Does anyone here have experience as to the best way to set it up with it being integrated with control4? I have an hc250

I'll outline how I'm envisioning it to work and please advise on how I can make it work.

I want to watch all camera on grid on the tv, and have the possibility of selecting a specific camera to watch larger if I want. I also want when someone rings the door station for that picture to pop up large on the screen.

Analog or IP cams?  If this is more for monitoring purposes, I would suggest getting a DVR/NVR of some sort.  It would be much easier to integrate to C4, video distribution, etc.  It would give you a grid view of cameras and you can use the C4 remote to select certain cameras to go bigger.

As for the doorstation request, simple enough programing can be done here to accomplish that.

• 2 weeks later...

IP cameras. I have an nvr for them. How would I go about now setting it up for C4 integration and video distribution?

The way it looks to me is I have these 2 options, but each way has a limitation (at least according to my amateurish knowledge) so I'm trying to find out if theres a better way.

1. taking direct output from nvr into my tv's via hdmi. but then I won't be able to have some cameras on 1 and some on other, or some bigger at times while some smaller in grid on the other, and I also won't be integrated into C4 to have cameras on touchscreen or to have doorstation picture pop up on tv upon ringing of bell.

2. outputting from nvr into C4 and from C4 into tv's. I have an HC800. It only has 1 hdmi output, so how can I get the full use on 2 tv's I want it on?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived