C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker Point

dmccor1

Can anyone in this Forum help me. I have a 2.53 system with a HC250 Controller. Here is my dilemma. I got my hands on a Speaker Point that has never been used in a project that seems to have a very old firmware image. Heck it may be the first. Can anyone tell me or help me, if it can be done create a USB rescue disk to at least get this thing to a later version so it can take an update from composer. If so anyone, I will be glad to pay you. If it can't be done , then we will just move on from here and forget about this paper weight that I have. 

So that is something that we should be able to help you remotely. Basically connect your speaker to your network. Then a dealer would go in to ID it to the system and the firmware update should happen after that. Because it doesn't connect with signee we shouldn't have a problem with the whole ember net to zig bee upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is on the network. and yes I do have a Dealer, but since I am not spending 10K he just doesn't have time for such nonsense. It's somewhat explained to me that it needs to have a USB recovery disk created, and just go from there. And , oh yes that would be Control4 support that told me. Told me to go through my Dealer.  Just need a dealer that doesn't mind getting paid for about an hours worth a work.

Mhh. I wonder what firmware it's on? USB recovery was not always an option, and if current firmware is indeed that old, it won't recognize the stick. Beyond that, a recovery to 1.6 would be a logical step (or i think 2.1 if it's a newer unit, but you'd likely not have this issue if it was) to update from there.

If it IS that old, then there's little more to try than to just start an update let it sit - I've left pre 1.2.5 units for 48 hours on an update, letting it cycle itself before they 'caught' and updated.

If being very creative one could get an old controller , MC or HTC, get it on 1.2.5 and use the old system manager update method to take it there first but....

Archived