C4 Forums | Control4

Wink Driver Pack

phileaton

I just uploaded version 1.0.0 release candidate one to the website.  This is a major update using the new c4z file format. This unfortunately will require removal and a reinstall if you were on the old version. Auto update functionality is now included so future updates should not require driver removal or dealer intervention.

This version greatly improves speed and reliability by implementing pub/sub messaging. Performance is on par with the Android and iOS apps. Lots of other minor improvements are also included as well as updated documentation.

You can get it now from your account history at www.synapseha.com if you have previously downloaded the driver. If not just add it to your cart and checkout. The driver is free during the public beta. Please send feedback. We are particularly interested in hearing what Wink devices you want to see support for next.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please send feedback. We are particularly interested in hearing what Wink devices you want to see support for next.

Awesome! Thank you for doing this. My understanding is that the WINK robots can tie in with IFTT commands. If this driver can handle this by adding variables and relays in C4 that would be amazing!

We just posted this on Twitter yesterday(Link). The driver for the Quirky Tripper and other contact sensors is already up and running and will be available with the next beta release in the coming days. The next release will also fix the only bug we have found in the last version which causes problems for users with localization settings other than US. We are probably not going to add any additional new drivers to the pack until after it officially launches for sale on the Houselogix site. However, Rachio integration is in the works and we have a until hooked up for developemtn. We plan to keep adding devices, including Rachio to the driver pack over time depending on demand. Our current plan is the driver will be sold for a one-time fee, and any updated functionality from new devices will be included for free.

We just pushed out what we hope will be the final update before we launch this driver. It includes support for Contact sensors such as the Quirky Tripper and also fixes a problem with non-english localizations. If you are looking for wireless door and window contacts, you should check out the Tripper. It is amazingly small, looks sleek and has been very responsive in or testing. 

I currently have the wink driver to control MyQ garage doors.  I have some programming that fires when the doors open and close.  Mainly to reports status throughout the house.  However this programing sometimes take 30 minutes to fire.  If I manually refresh in composer the programming fires as expected.

Additionally if I look in the Wink and LiftMaster apps they report the proper status right away.

If i close the doors nothing happens with my code, refresh the data in the driver and the code fires as expected.

Thoughts?

looks like 0.1.1 from what I can tell in composer.  

My dealer only put it in a few months ago and it seems to be responsive to the actual Control4 commands for open and close.  Status though, i've seen take 45 minutes plus to update opened/closed status.

I've done some more testing and it seems like this only occurs with manual operations, like using the garage switches.

If i use control4 to open and close I can actually see the status update real time. Like "Door Closing" then Closed.  Not if I use the Liftmaster Controls.

My testing certainly isn't scientific at this point, but I'd be happy to hear what you think and if you have any pointers.

Thanks for the quick response.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, AK1 said:

@phileaton could you add Wink support for Ring.com doorbell to your driver?

We have acquired a unit for testing and have plans to add support. However, it will be limited to the same functionality as the Wink app on your phone. I.e. You will be able to trigger events when someone pushes the doorbell or the device senses motion. However, video won't be an option at this point due to API limitations. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2016 at 4:21 PM, phileaton said:

We have acquired a unit for testing and have plans to add support. However, it will be limited to the same functionality as the Wink app on your phone. I.e. You will be able to trigger events when someone pushes the doorbell or the device senses motion. However, video won't be an option at this point due to API limitations. 

Triggering events based on doorbell push would be a big step forward, @phileaton

Archived