C4 Forums | Control4

OS 2.6 Upgrade

Matt Lowe

Have it running on my personal system at home transition was beautiful except with a glitch on android app easy to defeat. Removed my sony 2800 as a controller and placed a 300 for now and seems to be playing much better than it was as a controller in my 2.5.3 project.

I will be offering free evaluation for upgrading to OS 2.6, so either post here or PM and I will do my best to reach everyone looking to upgrade. Actually upgrades will depend on time and size of project and will let you know as i receive request on a first come first serve basis.

What do you mean by evaluation? From what I've seen on the forum, 2.6 enhancements won't work on the old remote touch pad or speaker points but they will still work. What do I need to know or consider before upgrading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean by evaluation? From what I've seen on the forum, 2.6 enhancements won't work on the old remote touch pad or speaker points but they will still work. What do I need to know or consider before upgrading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOTS!

2.6 upgrades only won't not work - those screens cannot be part of the system anymore.

There were changes to what devices were supported or dropped, minor changes to the GUI, looks like they have attempted to make one cohesive ecosystem across all the different screens now.

You also have the integration of EV into the system now, so free drivers! and much quicker access to getting them installed into your system.

More as well. I'm still reviewing actually. Looking forward to either a complete run down or training to go up on C4 University soon.

Can I request someone PM me about CP 2.6 download. The link I've been provided isn't accurate and my C4 contact is out of the office till next week. I'd like to update this weekend. Just the .exe link is all I need. I have a legit license in case you're wondering.

Ditto please could you PM me CP 2.6 download?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived