C4 Forums | Control4

GrandStream GXV3275 Android Phone

rayk32

Extremely cool device. Thank you for pointing it out.

It appears it supports the play store natively so no side loading applications or rooting required I assume?

it also supports 6 SIP lines so you can have multiple numbers on same phone without asterisk.

Descent screen, 5 point multi-touch 1024x768 7" TFT LCD, built in tilt mega pixel camera with privacy shutter for skype etc.

supports WiFi and Bluetooth also so I'm guessing you can pair with your cell and receive your cell calls on it also as long as you are in Bluetooth range?

another cool feature is it appears to automatically bring up video stream from grandstream ip camers if triggered or you can manually select video feeds as long as all on the same network.

all for the low price of $220 with free shipping on amazon, wow, sold, i'm ordering one today.

thanks rayk32 for bringing this to my attention.

What version of android does this run?  I've been considering these http://www.ubnt.com/unifi-voip/overview/

But this looks a bit better, especially with the camera built in.

Android 4.2.  I'm not sure if there is an upgrade path to later Android versions.  The Ubiquiti phones have a good look to them.  I'll have to check out the website.

Extremely cool device. Thank you for pointing it out.

It appears it supports the play store natively so no side loading applications or rooting required I assume?

it also supports 6 SIP lines so you can have multiple numbers on same phone without asterisk.

Descent screen, 5 point multi-touch 1024x768 7" TFT LCD, built in tilt mega pixel camera with privacy shutter for skype etc.

supports WiFi and Bluetooth also so I'm guessing you can pair with your cell and receive your cell calls on it also as long as you are in Bluetooth range?

another cool feature is it appears to automatically bring up video stream from grandstream ip camers if triggered or you can manually select video feeds as long as all on the same network.

all for the low price of $220 with free shipping on amazon, wow, sold, i'm ordering one today.

thanks rayk32 for bringing this to my attention.

You're welcome.  I also installed the Plex client and was able to stream high resolution content from my server without any buffering.  This was through a wired connection.   You are correct about full Google Play Store access ... no rooting or hacking required to run their apps.

thank you also pstuart, those Ubiquiti phones do look quite nice also and i do like their products, i use their WAP's.

But I think i may try the grandstream first since I use their IP cameras and the integration features sound like they may be better suited for my setup?

tempted to order both and compare side by side. too many toys to buy ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been able to register the GXV3275 with my Cisco Call Manager via SIP, which took about 15 minutes.  I was able to make and receive voice calls and interact with Unity voicemail.  I am going to integrate a 2N Helios door station in the future (I've already added the application on the phone).   I'm probably going to move the GXV3275 and Helios over to a FreePBX server.  There are some nice things you can do with unified communications modules (Presence, XMPP and others) that can be added into FreePBX.  Cisco Presence Server requires licensing.

post-124551-0-36086300-1412484354_thumb.

• 1 year later...

Archived