C4 Forums | Control4

CA zigbee extender temperature driver

Hi,

Does anyone know how to use the CardAccess Zigbee Extender WCS10-R-X-ZP as a temperature sensor?

We use them in projects as Zigbee extenders and just thought of using them as temp sensors if they are already around the house.

I did some research online and found that there should be some kind of special driver for the WCS10-R-X-ZP to use the internal temp sensor, but with the new C4/CA acquisition I can´t find this driver and/or the support page for the WCS10-R-X-ZP.

Thanks,

IntegralHome

The 'virtual thermostat' is not. It's still available on Card Access website (well again after the missing driver was pointed out).

Do note that I think the driver still has issues sometimes initializing on controller reboot (needing a 'reconnect' from pro to fix).

Do note that I think the driver still has issues sometimes initializing on controller reboot (needing a 'reconnect' from pro to fix).

Good to know.  That probably explains why I keep losing one of those.  Is it normal for some to come up fine and others not?

The 'virtual thermostat' is not. It's still available on Card Access website (well again after the missing driver was pointed out).

The problem is that the cardaccess website automatically redirects me to http://www.control4.com/o/cardaccess and there is nothing usefull in that site.

Am I doing something wrong or the actual site is no longer online?

I have not had this problem at all since 2.4.  Of course, I say this at the risk of being chastised for NOT having the same problem as others...

I can assure you I'm still having it, and I'm well beyond 2.4 :lol:

One client seems to have had one unit no longer show the issue sinde 2.5 or so.

While I'm unclear on details, the issue has to do with the driver asking fo initial data from teh device. If your system has started the driver, but hasn't connected tot the device via ZigBee yet, it fails. I'm sure this stetement is missing accuracy, but it gets the idea across.

The problem is that the cardaccess website automatically redirects me to http://www.control4.com/o/cardaccess and there is nothing usefull in that site.

Am I doing something wrong or the actual site is no longer online?

Sorry, dealer forums provided a link to the original announcement that still contains the direct link to the driver download - bypassing the revised splash page.

http://www.cardaccess-inc.com/automation/promo/20101123m/index.php?a=article3

I can assure you I'm still having it, and I'm well beyond 2.4 :lol:

One client seems to have had one unit no longer show the issue sinde 2.5 or so.

While I'm unclear on details, the issue has to do with the driver asking fo initial data from teh device. If your system has started the driver, but hasn't connected tot the device via ZigBee yet, it fails. I'm sure this stetement is missing accuracy, but it gets the idea across.

I have no idea.  One period of time this was a PITA then after an upgrade, no problems.  Yes, it was always only on a certain few.  Now, they all update as should after a reboot.  Only thing that has changed was some upgrade.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, saluki2007 said:

Does this driver only display the temp?  I'm looking for a driver to work as a thermostat with the temp sensor in the zigbee i/o.

this looks like a thermostat but isn't interactive. not sure what you are trying to achieve.  if its a sensor, you can't change temp...

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

this looks like a thermostat but isn't interactive. not sure what you are trying to achieve.  if its a sensor, you can't change temp...

I have the I/O working as a thermostat for my radiant heat.  I would like to be able to incrementally increase or decrease the temp with in the C4 app as I would with a normal t-stat.

6 minutes ago, saluki2007 said:

I have the I/O working as a thermostat for my radiant heat.  I would like to be able to incrementally increase or decrease the temp with in the C4 app as I would with a normal t-stat.

with the Yatan thermostat driver you would.  But what do you use to trigger the radiant heating?  Do you have relays?

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

with the Yatan thermostat driver you would.  But what do you use to trigger the radiant heating?  Do you have relays?

I was looking at the Yatan driver.  Do you have any experience with it?  Is it reliable?  Yes, the I/O device run to a zone board connected to the zone pumps.

Archived