C4 Forums | Control4

2.6 Update improvement door station ?

amzscam

i still am on the older firmware , the dealer will update to 2.6 in couple of weeks  , i wanted to know in  2.6  any improvement with the door station camera available on the tablet/iphone , opening the door from the installed tablet  screen where the video shows instead of going to multiple screen back , motor , all , to open lock ?

can i update the firmware myself ?

All Control4 firmware and driver updates require a dealer. The Doorstation is a POS IMHO...

AMEN!!! This is the worst investment I have ever made! Giant piece of junk!

amzscam : I have 2.6 and the door station. I no longer attempt the SIP connection to my phone or anything. It is sketchy at best. 

I haven't noticed ANY improvement with the door station at all. Let me know if you figure anything out with it next week but it is still on the top of my list for the worst purchase I have ever made for this house. Basically, all it did was just ensure that all of the screen I put it are now more expensive, and that I need a screen in almost every zone for intercom. 

If I wouldn't have a giant whole by my front door I would have thrown it in the garbage a while ago. Not to mention I didn't wire a second door bell :)

I had to install a seperate camera on the door in order for me to access on phone , tablet and tv , this issue was no brainer for control 4 to fix . Instead I assume they wanted to make sure you buy the overpriced sluggish wall mount touch panels costing 1000 each , instead of installing an iPad mini which is more versatile .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i still am on the older firmware , the dealer will update to 2.6 in couple of weeks  , i wanted to know in  2.6  any improvement with the door station camera available on the tablet/iphone , opening the door from the installed tablet  screen where the video shows instead of going to multiple screen back , motor , all , to open lock ?

can i update the firmware myself ?

As to opening / closing the door without going to motor/sensor, you can improve this by creating a Custom Button so it is more easily accessible - should take your dealer 5 minutes or so remotely.

• 1 month later...

Archived