C4 Forums | Control4

Commercial Installer in Minneapolis?

pstuart

I need someone / company to help with a move to a new location where we are taking over existing systems.

There is an ADT system in place, looks like a GE panel that needs to be brought online, doesn't need to be with ADT

Also, a card access system (door cards not the Card Access company) that needs to be configured or replaced, there are 2 main doors that have magentic strike plate locks that also have buttons wired to existing locations to buzz the door open.

Need to add 3 cameras, to monitor the 3 exits.  1 camera per exit.

Need to add one or two digital displays, run power, network and setup for digital signage to show logo and a presentation.

Optional, need to set up conference room with projector and lighting.

Optional, would like to automate lighting in common areas, office areas already have light switches with proximity sensors.

Basically, need someone to come in, assess and recommend path of least resistance in getting this space functional.

If you know of any experienced person or company that can help take over an existing space, PM me or respond here.

Need this done ASAP.

Thanks,

Patrick Stuart

We are a little ways away from you but just thought I would offer the following...

Your least inexpensive troublefree route with the security system will be to activate through the existing (ADT) provider.  They aren't going to give a third party the installer codes if you change.   If you go with another provider and use the GE equipment you will end up replacing the main board at the least and reprogramming it.  Keypads, etc.. will depend on the age of the system.

That may as well extend to the Card Access system.  It is likely functional and just needs configuration to work with your set of cards and other parameters.  Lots of Card Access systems are monitored and remotely configured these days by third parties as a service much like your security system.  It take the hassle out of having to have somebody in your office with the skill set to do it.

There is also a good chance that these two systems are tied together - the better ones usually are.  Some systems it is even possible to incorporate the surveillance system with them as well (eg Honeywell product) so that in an event you get all the timestamps (access, security breach, footage) gathered together in one piece of software.  

I would start with seeing who installed in the first place.  Perhaps you could locate the previous tenant and ask them?  Don't forget to ask whether their work was any good lol.  Look for stickers, etc..

As far as lighting goes, if you have switches with proximity sensors already have you investigated as to whether they are part of a larger controlled system that could be added to? eg. Lutron.

The digital signage stuff is pretty straight forward but will can range significantly in quality and capability of the software.  I'd suggest stick to mainstream product like the LG stuff.  Regardless, it is worth looking into and doing your homework.

Camera wiring, board room, etc.. shouldn't be too much of a challenge.  

Best of luck to you!

Archived